Episode 4

word count:  2227Pages:  18

word count: 2227
Pages:  18

[ I could really go for a shower. ]

       "It's made with soft wood with crepe interior." The funeral director stopped himself. "Uh now, I don't know what your budget is, but over here is but over here we have copper and bronze." He directed the two teens over to the section he was talking about.

"Jonathan." Louise tapped him. "Nancy's here."

"Uh- can you give us a second?" Jonathan stammers

"Of course." Funeral director gives an understanding nod.

"Your mom, um... she said you'd be here." Nancy started off. "-with Louise." Nancy deeply inhales. Something was truly bothering her. "I just-"

"How about we sit down." Louise suggested.

The trio now sat in the hallway of the funeral home. The afternoon light shone through the door, backlighting the trio. Jonathan held a picture. "It look like it could be some kind of perspective distortion, but I wasn't using a wide angle." He pauses, thinking hard. "I don't know."

"Louise?" Nancy held out the picture. Hoping for another opinion.

Louise holds the paper in her small hands. She looks closely at the image. "Huh?"

"What is it?" Nancy leaned closer.

"Its weird..." Louise trails off. Her eyebrows furrows. "Was someone else at Steve's house?"

"No." Nancy turns to Jonathan. "Did you see anyone out there?"

"No." Jonathan begins tapping his feet nervously. "And She was there one second and then, um..." he shakes his head "-gone." He shrugged his shoulders "I figured she bolted." There was a pause. "Like Louise."

Nancy leaned over to look at Louise. "Did you see something... when you left Steve's?"

Louise remained quiet.

She was debating on telling them about what she heard. " I think I did? I-I don't know."

She shakes her head.

" I was upset at Steve, and left his house. It was dark. And I thought I heard a noise. It was coming from the woods..." there was a slight pause.

The pair listened intently.

" so I went to investigate. And I saw this person thing?"

"The cops think she ran away." Nancy started off. "But they don't know Barb. I went back to Steve's and saw something, like the person thing you saw."

"Did it have a face?" Jonathan asked.

"No." Louise concludes.

Nancy shook her head.