Episode 8

Word count: 2140      Pages: 13

     Word count: 2140
      Pages: 13

                                    [ Lights ]

     The trio screwed in the colorful light bulbs. Concentration etched into their face. They were determined in killing the demogorgon as what Dustin informed Louise on what it was called. Dustin laughed at the fact that she called the demogorgon, "a flower faced monster." Or some other variation of that.

       Jonathan hammer in the silver nails as Nancy loaded her gun. Louise poured gasoline on the ground as apart of the booby trap. She let out a small cough due to the stench.  Then Louise watched in the distance nervously as both Nancy and Jonathan set up a bear trap.  She let a sigh of relief when they safely set it up.

Jonathan then continued to hammer silver nails into the bat. And Louise finished setting up the booby trap with a nice yellow yo-yo. And Nancy snapped her revolver closed.

After a couple hours of hard work. The trip sighed as they stared down the long and narrow hall was marked with booby traps.

"What's next?" Nancy asked out loud.

"We need to attract the demogorgon." Louise stated. "Hold on." Louis ran into the kitchen. Knife.
Knife.
She pulled open each drawers
Knife.
Ah bingo! Found the knife drawers! She walked back into the living room with the kitchen knife in her hand.

There was faint creaking.

Nancy eyes widen. " did you hear that?"

"It was just wind." Jonathan reassured Nancy.

Louise waved the knife around. " remember the demogorgon found the deer via scent."

The pair nodded.

"The deer was recently hit by a car and was bleeding out in the woods. Therefore we can hypothesize that this creature can smell blood, like sharks."

"But... we cant just waltz into the woods and find a deer." Nancy stated.

"Your right but we can, like any living thing with a circulatory system, can bleed. Hence the knife in my hand." Louise once again waved the knife further emphasizing her point.

The three of them gathered in a circle. "This is really occultist." Louise murmured.  She drew the knife along her palm and then Jonathan's and finally Nancy.  All of them stared at each other palms.

"We don't need to bleed out, Jonathan do you have gauze?"

"I have some! I brought them, just in case." Nancy ran to her bag.

"Just in case, what? That we slit our palms in hopes of attracting a monster." Jonathan said sarcastically.

"Here." Nancy tossed Jonathan and Louise their own roll.