Episode 6

Word count: 1056Pages: 9

Word count: 1056
Pages: 9

Louise sat there drinking a cup of coffee while Nancy iced Jonathan's face.  The beige walls reflected light and the occasional ruffles and shuffles of paper was interrupted with Mrs.Byers aka Joyce Byers barged in with Hopper following closely behind.

"Hey." She stepped into the room. "Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" She asked.  "Why is he wearing handcuffs?"

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."  The scrawny officer stated.

"Hey is your nose ok?"

"Yeah it's fine, a little sore." He wiggles his nose.

"Take them off." Joyce demanded

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!"

Hopper nodded in agreement. "You heard her. Take'em off."

     officer Powell stood up from his desk. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." And with that the three officers left the room.

There was a silence. Joyce doted over Jonathan, who was still in handcuffs. Nancy held the floral makeshift ice pack in her hand.
"What were you guys doing?" Joyce inquired.

The three remained silent. Louise diverted her attention from Joyce. "Louise?"

Louise shifted her gaze to the woman "Yes?"

"What were you guys doing?"

Louise froze. She hated confrontation. It always made her cry. Her eyes welled up with tears. "I- well... we-" Louise looked a Nancy. Nancy shook her head.

Hopper came in and slammed the box filled with hunting supplies. Louise sighed in relief- no more interrogation from Ms.Byers.

Joyce jumped up. "What is this?" The three teens looked down, not waiting to answer the question.

Hopper crosses his arms. "Why don't you ask your son?" We found it in his car."

"What?" Jonathan snapped. "Why are you going through my car?"

Hopper placed his hand on the desk and leaned forward. "Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Jonathan stared up at him. " I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me." Jonathan said. Hopper looked at the two girls. Louise quickly nodded her head and Nancy diverted her eyes.

"Why don't you give me a try?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Louise wake up." Nancy shook the sleeping girl.

"Huh?" Louise blinked. "What's going on?"