Episode 5

word count:1549

word count:1549

Pages: 13

                    [Failure of a Friend]

       Louise rolled over. The morning light streamed through the window. The light chatter coming from Nancy's bed reached her ears.

" - that's mean she's trapped..." Nancy stared a Jonathan "In that place." There was another pause. Louise laid there listening. "We have to find it again." Chills ran up Louise's spine. She felt her heart speed up and she visibly shook as the adrenaline pumped through her system. And the ringing in her ears became intense. She felt her chest tighten. It was getting harder to breathe. The weight of the cloud... that thing, sitting on her chest felt oxymoronic- her brain couldn't comprehend what was happening to her. The tendrils wrapped itself around her legs and her neck officially paralyzing her. Her skin littered with goosebumps and her breathing ragged along with the sharp ringing in her ear.

"Louise!" Nancy shook the hyperventilating girl. " are you ok?" Louise shook from her trance.

Louise looked up at Nancy. "I-"

"You were having a nightmare." Nancy stated.

"I was?" Louise felt tears roll down her cheeks. "I felt so real~" the girl rubbed her arm, trying swipe the goosebumps away.

Nancy wrapped her arms around Louise and soothed her. Jonathan handed her a tissue.
"Heh thanks." Louise waved the tissue. "I feel like such a idiot." Her voices cracked.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~

       Nancy and Jonathan walked out. "Monster hunting?" He chuckled. Louise walked out of the gas station. " Monster hunting?"

"Louise, she straight told the dude we're going mister hunting."  Jonathan popped the trunk.

"Nancy, your going to blow our cover as monster hunters." Louise smiled. She swung the snacks she purchased in the back seat.

Nancy shook her head. Looking at her two, very much, unlikely friends.  "You know last week, I was shopping for a top for Steve." She shook her head. "It took all weekend for me and Barb to find the perfect top. It seemed like it was life and death."

Louise rolled her eyes. "Oh to be young and in love." She waved her hand about.

Both Jonathan and Nancy chuckled at her comment.

" but now your shopping for bear traps and going monster hunting with Louise Hemingway and Jonathan Byers." Jonathan finishes for Nancy.

"Yeah..." Nancy chuckled. "It's so weird." She places the traps and ammo in the trunk. Louise leaned back. The cool autumn air brushed against her cheeks. "What's the weird part? The monster hunting or shopping with Byers over here."