sincerity with hobi

His hands were so dirty. Graphite was a bitch to work with, especially when he was doing it on such a big piece of paper larger than the size of his table (he should probably be doing his canvas he brought home but he really didn't want to).

Jungkook stretched out, his limbs sore after stuck crawling around his work in a tensed position. He rested his head on the sofa, which didn't have his usual occupant on it. It was stupidly lonely without Yoongi, who he had gotten so used to having around or Jin who would pop in to check up on them.

He shook his head, firm in his own scolding. "No, Jungkook. You can't be so dependant on them - you're not a child anymore." This was, of course, dismissing his love for banana milk (and if he liked being called baby and other sweet endearments, who cared?).

It was getting late, and he promised the two hybrids that he would look after himself - so a shower it was.

Jungkook came out soft and warm, huddled in fluffy pyjamas and slightly damp hair. Flopping into the bed, he rolled around before checking his phone. There was suddenly so much space on his bed...and he wasn't sure if he liked it.

The weather was terrible - heavy rain and he could hear the wind blow even when his windows were closed. His phone dinged with a new text message, making him perk up in excitement.

Oh. It was only Yugyeom.

"Kook-ah, stop moping. Your hybrids will come back alive. Anyway, our dance group is going out for a drink - come join us! We miss you!"

Well, his heart was still warmed. He still had such great friends (that he honestly didn't deserve to have).

He texted back a brief reply, agreeing to the outing. He had been cooped up in his apartment for so long, but tomorrow he was going to be out for the whole day - so it was a great compromise (wow was he going to be tired).

His eyes fluttered sleepily; he had worn himself out today. There was a missing warmth from a certain cat hybrid that was sorely wanted, but he wasn't going to be a petulant child and demand him come back. He hoped their trip helped them get closer, otherwise he would have wasted his efforts (no, Jungkook! It was for Jin and Yoongi. He couldn't be such a spoilt, selfish brat).

It didn't surprise him that he didn't have restful sleep that night.

-

"This is Kim Taehyung. He'll be your partner for this collaboration project, okay?" His art teacher left after the quick explanation to him to sort out the rest of the the students.

"...what is this?" He mumbled, still left in utter confusion. The boy (well, man, but he still had that boyish charm) grinned at him, showing off boxy-shaped mouth and pearly whites.

"You don't know either? Haha, we're in the same position then. Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Taehyung!" He extended his hand, grey ears lined with black twitching excitedly.

"...I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you." The handshake was returned, the large hand of the Siberian Husky hybrid a soothing warmth against his. 'Ah... he's a dog... I don't think Yoongi-hyung will be happy...'

The other male cocked his head to the side, slightly confused by the mild panic on Jungkook's face. "You okay?"

Jungkook laughed nervously. "Just...not that good with meeting people. Sorry." Taehyung nodded, humming in agreement.

"That's fine! Besides, your awkwardness is cute." He beamed at him, lightly tapping Jungkook under his chin. "You don't mind, right? I hope I haven't overstepped any boundaries."

Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung's friendly nature was not off-putting or overbearing, so he was... comfortable? He felt a bit unsure, but his warm attitude was nice, nonetheless.