Hypothermia

Requested by gimiwan, hope this is good! I've never tried a hypothermia prompt before so I'm honestly super sorry if this sucks. Also, if this isn't 100% accurate on the Doctor side of things I'm sorry. I'm about to pull the medical shit out of my ass, I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Shit.

That was the first word in Tony's mind when he woke up tied to a chair.

Fuck.

That was the other word he thought of when he saw his son, Peter Stark, Spider-Man, across the room.

"Pete?" Tony asked. "Peter?"

"D-Dad?" Peter asked as he woke up. He tried to break the chains, but apparently whoever was keeping them here knew about Peter's strength.

"Peter, don't struggle okay?" Tony said. "The others will find us."

"Are you absolutely sure of that Stark?" a man asked as he walked in. "You shouldn't tell the boy promises you can't keep."

Who the hell? Tony swore he recognized this man, he just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Now, I need the little spider for my experiments," the man said.

"No you don't," Tony replied. "Do whatever you want to me, but do not take this out on my son."

"You are in no position to ask things of me," the man said. "Now, little spider, how do you feel about water?"

----------

They dunked Peter's head under the water more times than he could count, asking Peter for information he didn't know.

Well, he did know it, he just swore not to tell.

Tony sat for hours in the other room, waiting for them to drag his son back in.

And when they did, everything came flashing back.

The cave.

The water.

The helplessness.

The Mark 1.

Obadiah Stane.

"I thought you were dead," Tony said when he walked back in.

"No Stark, you can't kill me," Stane replied.

"I wouldn't give me the chance ever again," Tony replied. "Death will be a mercy if you ever put your hands on my son again."

"Not so fast," Stane said. "Everytime you decide to fuck around with me, Petey-Pie suffers."

"Don't," Tony quickly turned to begging. "Please, he doesn't deserve this."

"No he doesn't," Stane said. "But you do."

Tony felt the temperature of the room drop immediately as Stane left the room.

No.

No, no, no. Please god no.

"Peter?" Tony asked quickly. "Peter, please baby I need you to wake up."

"Dad..." Peter said sleepily. "I'm sor-"

"Ah-ah," Tony cut him off. "No apologies. This is not your fault."

"I'm... s-so cold..." Peter said, trying desperately to stay awake.

"It's my fault," Tony replied. "I talked back. Oh my god, please don't fall asleep Pete. You can't. I can't lose you."

"D-Dad," Peter said, trying not to cry. "I can't th-thermoregulate. I- please..."