The Field Trip From Hell: Part 1

I've been wanting to do a field trip for a while, so here goes nothing! (P.S. all the Avengers still get along and the accords don't exist in this). This one turned out to be a lot longer than my other ones so I'm splitting it into two parts.

Friday (the day of the week, not the A.I.) had come a lot faster than Peter wanted it to. Ned and MJ kept telling him it'd be fine, since they both knew Peter's secret.

Aunt May had signed his permission slip with no resistance, despite how much Peter wanted her to tell him to stay home.

"Peter, it'll be fine! If anything, you'll finally get to prove that stupid Flash boy wrong!"

Yeah. That was the other thing. Peter spent weekends at the Compound, so yes, he would get to prove Flash wrong about his 'internship' (a lie of which each Avenger knew about to use as a cover), but then he'd have to explain why he knew all of the Avengers, not just Tony Stark. Plus, they had become his family. And Peter just knew, they'd all find a way to embarrass him today.

When the students arrived at the compound, they all stared in awe. Except Peter, Ned, and MJ. Peter had been here so many weekends, and knew his way around, and he had brought Ned a long time ago, letting him fanboy over meeting the Avengers. MJ had been here a couple of times, on account of wanting to interview all of the female Avengers for her feminist blog. Pepper and the other ladies had graciously accepted, happy to finally get questions asked to them besides what they wore underneath their superhero suits.

"What's the matter Penis?" Flash asked. "Afraid we'll all find out about your lie?"

Peter didn't answer, just continuing to look blankly out the window. No Flash, I'm afraid you'll make a wrong move in front of my surrogate family and get your sorry ass kicked, Peter thought.

"I can't wait to see him prove himself, Eugene," MJ said to Flash. "You're always so fun to sketch when you get proven wrong."

Flash laughed off the comment, thinking nothing of it, and walked off the bus, following the crowd of students heading into Avengers Compound.

Of course the tour guide recognized Peter. Good start.

"Hey Peter!" the petite woman said waving.

"Hi Amy," Peter said, happy to see one of his favorites as his tour guide, but knowing that the others had done it on purpose. Embarrassment was coming.

"Okay everyone," Amy said, turning to the group. "When I call your name, come get your passes."

When Amy was done handing out passes, Flash noticed Ned, MJ, and Peter missing one. "Excuse me miss! These three don't have a pass!"

"Oh, of course," Amy said walking over to them. "Your guys know the no waste policy, do you have your passes with you?"

Ned and MJ nodded and put their badges on without second thought. Peter glanced nervously around and pulled out his badge as well, slipping it around his neck.

"Okay, does everyone have a pass?" Each student nodded in response. "Any questions before we begin?"

Betty raised her hand and Amy called on her. "Yeah, um... why do Ned, MJ, and Peter have different colored passes than the rest of us?"

"Well, there are levels of entry throughout the compound," Amy replied. "White, which most of you have is level one clearance, which is for guests. Black is level two, for new interns and guests of interns. Green is level three, which Ned and MJ have, and it's for guests of Avengers or higher up interns. Yellow is level four, for full time workers, or higher up interns, and I have a yellow badge, as you can see. And Peter is wearing a blue badge, level five, for the Avengers and any personal interns."