Chapter 19

Demon

I barely stop myself from attacking those two fuckers that my mate decided to bring with us. Their smell triggers my Alpha side. I want them gone, but I can't. My mate wants them with her for some reason.

We arrive at my house some time later. I feel my mate's blood drip onto my fur, but thankfully she's still conscious.

"Beast?" That Delta guy inquires. My mate pats my head to stop me. Once I do, she turns to him.

"The others are at the border." He starts, but before he can continue, my mate interrupts.

"Let them in." She tells me with a light pat on the head. I mind link my patrol to let the rogues in, getting bombarded with bewildered exclamations and questions from each wolf. I snarl at them to be quiet when I feel the beginning of a headache.

We don't wait for the new wolves to join us, as my mate is still bleeding out. I head towards the bedroom, ignoring my mate's protests. She gets off my back with a huff, holding tightly onto her side.

I hear footsteps behind us, so I turn around, only to find Delta. He's wearing jeans he's had wrapped around his leg earlier and he watches me with an imploring look, as if waiting for something.

"I need to treat Beast's wound. So I need a medical kit. Do you have one?" He asks, just as tells me that Doc, whom I contacted on our way here, comes in, hauling a big cart behind him. I'm guessing it's his med kit.

"Go. I'll be fine." My mate tells me softly, but I don't listen to her, nudging her face with my nose.

"You won't like me touching her, will you? I think it's best you listen to her." That Delta guy is getting on my nerves. Who does he think he is, telling me what to do?! I almost lunge at him, but once I feel the calming tingles from my mate's touch, the devil inside me backs down. With one last glance, I lick my mate's face and leave the room, so I don't rip that Delta to pieces for touching what's mine.

I wait with Shane, Doc and Axe in the living room as Delta tends to my mate's injuries. That Axe rogue has been quiet ever since he realized what is between me and my mate. I'm still pissed at him for telling my mate about me, but at the same time I know that it was for the best. I'm just mad that I can't be the one that explain everything to her.

"Delta will switch his loyalty to you, so you can talk. I won't do that." Axe decides to break the silence. I nod at him, wordlessly letting him know I understand. I hear through mind link that the rest of the rogues are in my backyard, staying silent. I can tell my pack feels anxious about having rogues here with my permission, but I still have nothing to tell them about the whole situation, so I just tell them to stay inside and not provoke the rogues.

About an hour later my mate comes into the living room, wearing my shirt and shorts with Delta right behind her. I stay silent as she approaches me and with a gentle stroke of my maw sits on the couch. Settling by her feet, I lay down on the carpet, getting my mate's legs to rest across my back.

After Delta switches his loyalty to me, we can finally start talking.

"Well, where do I start?" Delta starts as he scratches his bearded chin in thought. "Beast, maybe we should start with you. What do you want to know? If there's something you want to ask him – he gestures at me – I can relay his words to you."

'Start at the fucking beginning, damn it.' I snarl at him through the mind link.

'I don't take orders from you, Alpha. No matter what, my loyalty lies with Beast, not you. I'm only doing this to be able to talk to you.' He calmly responds, not at all affected by me.