Chapter 20

Beast

Oh.

My.

God.

He.

Is.

Gorgeous.

And naked.

HE'S NAKED!!!

I close my eyes tightly, turning my head around.

"What do you mean torture?!" Puppy – well not puppy anymore – growls furiously at Delta, not caring that he's FUCKING NAKED!

As if a lightning struck him, his back goes ramrod straight as he looks down at his hands shocked. I catch him mutter quiet "What the-" before he looks at me, his eyes wide. He mouths the word I heard Delta say earlier – 'mate'. I try to concentrate my gaze on his eyes, but my eyes can't help but wander down his body, lingering on the deliciously looking eight-pack. I manage not to let my eyes go any lower by looking back at his face, his chiseled jaw covered in unkempt black beard, plump lips, straight nose, high cheekbones and those fucking amber eyes that I found bewitching from the beginning.

"Get some clothes!" I snap at him, my eyes not straying from his. He smiles a gorgeous smile at me, but goes to do my bidding nonetheless. I stop myself from looking at his bare backside. Damn, he's handsome. The men THERE did not look like this.

I look around the room, noting the shocked expressions on everyone's faces. Even in animal form I can tell Grey and the other wolf are surprised.

Well, I'm surprised, too. Delta said he could change into a human in two days.

"I think his mood triggered the shift." Delta speaks up.

"Shift?"

"That's what you call the process of changing forms. He asked what preparation you went through. And I told him." He explains, suddenly nervous.

"I'll go talk to him. You can leave now. I'll come find you when I need you." I tell them as I stand up from the couch.

"How are you so calm about this?" Axe asks, sounding confused? I think that's the word. I give him a deadpan look.

"I knew he could change, sorry, shift, so why should I be surprised?" I say, going towards the stairs.

Leo

I shifted. Fuck. How? It's not full moon yet. I just felt Demon's fury and then suddenly I'm in skin, not fur.

I watched quietly as my mate looked at me, not missing the look of appreciation as she checked out my body. But then she cutely snapped at me to get clothes and I forgot all about my previous anger, my heart filling with warmth. I've never cared about how I look in my human form, but now I want to look good in front of my little queen.

So here I am, grooming my beard – I will not shave it off – wearing ripped jeans, and my hair cut short. It always grows a little between full moons, but I like it short. What if my mate likes it longer? I guess I'd have to grow it out.

I hear light footsteps approaching my – our- bedroom, meaning my mate is coming here. Demon is yipping excitedly in my head, waiting to get his turn with her. Not happening. He's blocked me out for the whole time he was in control, so it's my turn to block him. Ha! Take that, asshole.

The door to the bedroom opens, and my little mate comes in, looking calm and collected, not at all bothered by my sudden shift. Through the open bathroom door I hear her rummaging through the closet for a few seconds, then come to the bathroom.