Chapter 28

Leo

I'm making dinner for my little queen with her watching me like a hawk, drinking hot chocolate. At first, she wanted to cook herself, but after some persuading, she let me do it. I want to spoil her, she's gone through so much in her life.

We stayed in the clearing for few hours, with my Angel on my shoulders, overseeing the training, giving comments and advice to the guys. My warriors listened to her every word, much to my surprise. Only Mason, who's already healed, ignored her, which earned him a hard glare from me and warning growls. He's on his way to be demoted real fast.

I was not the only one who didn't like the way my Beta – soon-to-be warrior – treated my mate. Each Dead beats him up in a fight for that. Despite my previous aversion towards them, I actually like how loyal they are to my Angel.

"Leo?" I'm brought back from my thoughts by my mate's voice.

"What is it, my love?" I go to her, settling between her legs.

She hesitates for a while, making me wonder what's going through her head. Shane told her how to block her mind from me. Damn him.

"I was thinking... - she trails off, frowning deeply, making me worried – are you going to shift back to wolf? The full moon was yesterday." I sigh. She's right, we might not have a lot of time together.

"I don't know. Usually we can stay in human forms for about three days then forcibly shift back to wolf. I guess we'll have to wait and see." I cup her cheek, caressing it with my thumb. She leans into my touch, before putting her forehead on my chest. I put my arms around her shoulders, kissing the top of her head as I pull her closer.

"I don't want to be alone till the next full moon." She mumbles quietly.

"I know, my love. I don't want you to be alone, either." I leave a kiss on her forehead. "So why don't we enjoy our time while we can, hmm?" I suggest, trying to take her mind off of it.

"Okay." With a kiss to my chest, she leans back. "Now, food." She grins, making me chuckle at her cuteness.

"As you wish." I go back to the stove. Thankfully, the sauce didn't burn.

We eat our spaghetti in silence, with my Angel on my lap, as always. This time, no one disturbs us. But I still think about my mate's words. What happens when I shift? What if that fucker from the facility strikes? I know the Deads are capable of protecting my Angel, but most of them are away with other packs. I really hope that Diana was right. After telling Angel about the curse, she told me about her assumptions that my mate is indeed the key to break the curse. 'Silver meets gold.' It could mean our eyes, since my wolf's eyes are gold and Angel's are silver. 'Blood meets blood.' – the marking. And finally, 'soul meets soul' – the mating, when our souls connect. I honestly hope she was right.

The next days were stressful, to say the least, and the whole pack felt it. Now it's the third day after the full moon and everyone is on edge, uneasy about what is going to happen. Will we shift? Will we stay human?

The only ones that are at ease are the Deads, who are now fighting with my Angel. I watch with wide eyes as she takes them on one by one.

My little mate decided it's time for her to get back to fighting, so we woke up early in the morning to reach the clearing before our warriors. But we got a little caught up in the shower, so we ended up arriving 3 hours late. Shane being the asshole he is, made fun of us, which earned him a slap to the back of his head from Angel. I love how carefree she is around him. I know she doesn't see him as anything more than an older brother of sorts, so neither Demon nor I are jealous when they're together. Everyone was shocked to see Shane laughing and playing with my Angel. He's always been this broody and angry guy that could snap someone's neck if they even looked at him the wrong way. But with my little mate he's playful, always joking around and laughing.