Chapter 31

Beast

I stay completely glued to Leo/Demon all the time. Now that they're back to being human, they can't keep their hands off me. I'm not complaining, though, I absolutely love it.

"What are you thinking about, Angel?" Leo asks. We're lying in bed, resting after the strenuous workout we just got. For some reason, we never manage to settle for one session so we always end up completely exhausted and I love every second of it. My head lies on his shoulder and I keep running my finger over his chest as he caresses my arm.

"Nothing really, just how lucky I am." I smile at him, giving him a quick peck.

"You know, the pack is pushing me to get you to go through the ceremony." I sigh. He's told me about this. For the last weeks that's all I've been hearing about from the pack. Even though Leo was a wolf, they've been talking about this nonstop.

The ceremony is where I slash my palm and join hands with everyone from the pack, then with Leo. That way I will officially be a part of the pack and I will be able to use the mind link with everyone. I wasn't too sure about this at first, but when Leo explained everything, including how I would be able to feel the pack's emotions, hear their thoughts and know whenever any of them are hurt or in pain, I agreed. Now all we have to do is to choose a date.

"Maybe we could have it on the full moon? It's just 3 days away." I suggest, not stopping my fingers on Leo's chest. He's so damn handsome it's distracting. And he never wears a shirt!!!

"Okay. I'll tell the pack." He kisses the top of my head. "Now, are you hungry?" He's always doing that – asking if I'm hungry. He took it upon himself to feed me. It's endearing how much he cares about me.

"A little, but I think I'll manage."

"Yeah? Well I'm ravenous. And I see a perfect snack right here." He huskily tells me before claiming my lips.

When we finally leave the bedroom it's already afternoon, so we settle for some dinner. This time Leo lets me actually cook with him, but because of his constant touching we can't get anything done.

So I sit and watch. Like always.

"What? It's not my fault I can't keep my hands off you." Leo laughs when he notices my glare.

"I don't need you to do everything for me. I have perfectly working hands right here!" I wave my hands at him. He comes up to me, taking my hands in his.

"Those cute little hands will not do any work in my presence." He leaves kisses on my fingertips, then my palms and wrists as he speaks.

I scowl at him.

"You are impossible."

"You know it, Angel." With a peck he goes back to cooking.

"Mason told me you demoted him from Beta position." It's been on my mind for a while.

"Did he do anything to you?!" Leo turns to me, frowning in worry.

"No, he didn't. I would tell you if something happened. He actually apologized to me for treating me the way he did. He sounded... remorseful. I didn't want to hide anything from you."

Leo sighs in relief.

"I couldn't let my beta treat his Luna like he did. I made him the head warrior instead. Now I have to appoint a new one." He finishes with a chuckle. "I was thinking Shane, but I don't want to take him away from you." I laugh at that.

"Yeah, Grey's a great friend. And his wolf is cute."

"I'm way cuter than he is!" I can tell it's Demon.

"That you are." I grin cheekily.

"And don't forget that, little mate." He warns playfully.

"How could I? You're my adorable Puppy!" I decide to play a little with him, knowing he hates it when I call him Puppy.

"You little-! Looks like I will have to teach you a lesson later. In the bedroom." I feel a shiver run through me at the look in his eyes.

Demon keeps teasing me as we eat, making me almost choke a few times. He's always so playful and touchy. My Puppy.

We stand in the clearing, with the whole pack in front of us. One of the women offered to lend me a dress, but Leo strongly refused. He said I'll wear his clothes and his clothes only.

So, here I stand, in Leo's shirt and boxers and wet hair. In front of his whole pack! Why the hell did I agree to do this whole blood oath thing, again? Oh right, for Leo.

"We've gathered here today to finally have my mate officially join our pack. We've been through a lot since she came here. We were still wolves, but she stayed with us, with me. She helped us break away from the curse placed upon us all those years ago. You did not know that, but when my little queen disappeared, along with the Death Squad, she went to find the witch. She killed her. For all of us. Your Luna is the one that freed us all from the clutches of that damn woman who condemned us. The same woman who has been planning on starting a war with us werewolves. She's been working with the man at the facility my mate came from, creating what we know as Undeads. Had it not been for your Luna, we would never know that the witch was behind them and what their intentions were. Some of you have said that my mate has brought trouble to us, that she's weaker than us, that she's a liability! But I say: she's our savior! She's our Luna! And she's my queen!!! So either accept her, or leave." My eyes widen at his words.

"No, Leo. No. You can't do that. I don't want this." I grab his attention. "I don't want them to accept me because they have to."

"No need to worry, Luna. We've accepted you a long time ago." Diana says with a gentle smile on her face before they all bow to me, while Leo kisses my temple, his own sign of respect.

"Why don't we begin, folks? I think it's time for the main event." Leo pulls out a beautifully crafted dagger before cutting his palm then gently taking my hand. The blade goes over my skin, drawing blood, but I barely feel it as I look into Leo's gorgeous amber eyes.

"BEAST!!! THEY'RE COMING!!!" Axe comes barreling through the woods, covered in blood.