Chapter 26

Beast

After we ate, Demon took me for a walk to introduce me to the pack. He told me they've wanted to meet me ever since they learned that I'm Leo and Demon's mate. Leo explained to me what it entails, and had I been normal I would be nervous to meet so many people. But I'm not an average person, so I'm not scared.

Demon carries me outside, where a big group of people waits for us with huge smiles on their faces. I have to crane my neck to even see them, since Demon has not let me go, yet.

There are about 50 people here, both men and women. I'm surprised to see there are no kids here, but I decide not to ask.

Demon places me on the ground gently, but still keeps me in his arms as I turn around to face his pack. I can clearly see excitement and happiness on their faces, and it makes me feel warm inside to know they react this way to me.

"Meet my mate, your Luna." Demon's voice resounds through the clearing from behind me. "You already know about the situation we're in, so I won't tell you again. But I do hope you treat your Luna with the same respect as you do me." He finishes with a quick his to the top of my head as the people in front of us cheer and laugh happily.

We are soon approached by them, one by one, as they introduce themselves to me, telling me how happy they are to finally meet me. I stay close to Demon, his presence enough to calm me down. They told me they've waited decades for the curse to be lifted and now that I'm here, it's finally possible.

"What curse?" I turn in Demon's arms to face him.

"Our pack is not like others. We can only shift on full moon, and that's because a witch cursed us almost a hundred years ago. But we all think that with you here, we can finally break it."

"Why? I'm nothing special, I don't know anything about curses." I frown, this is confusing.

"It's because of what the curse says, Luna." I turn to an older woman when she speaks.

"What does it say?" I ask curiously.

"When gold meets silver, the world will stop. When blood meets blood, it will move again. When soul meets soul, it will reverse its course. Those are the words of the witch. She placed the curse on our previous Alpha, when he betrayed her, choosing his mate over her. I strongly believe that you being here is what can finally heal our pack, Luna." I nod in understanding. This is such a big responsibility, they are putting this whole thing on my shoulders.

"Diana, don't pressurize my mate." Demon says, pulling me into his chest, probably having noticed my reaction.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, but after all this years we can finally have hope." She smiles at us, pure happiness in her eyes as she watches us.

"I know Diana, but it's a lot to take in one day. Warriors, you'll begin training with the Deads in 3 hours. Get ready." Demon turns from Diana to the men surrounding us.

"Will you and Luna join us?" One of the men asks cautiously, as if afraid of Demon's reaction.

"Yes." I answer for Demon, knowing he was most likely to say no.

Demon looks down at me questioningly.

"I want to oversee the training of your warriors, so I know what I'm dealing with. And you can't stop me." I warn him when I see clear refusal in his eyes. I can also feel his worry. He told me we can feel each other's emotions through the mate bond, along with hearing each other's thoughts. It's really cool.

'You're not going to let that go, are you Angel?' I hear his voice in my head.

'You know I won't.' I answer him honestly.