If You're an Angel, Where Are Your Wings?

Dean P.O.V

I am awoken from my dreamless sleep when Castiel breaks the lamp. I sit up in a flash, swinging my legs over the side of my bed and grabbing the gun from under my pillow. I relax when I see that it's just him and put my gun on the night stand.

"What'd you do Cas?" I ask, rubbing my face. Normally it takes me an hour or more to fully wake up but with the adrenaline rush, I'm ready for anything. Already. I look at the man sitting on the floor amongst the shards of glass from the broken light bulb and the ugly yellow lampshade. He looks down at his bleeding hand, embarrassed. I slide off the mattress and sit beside him.

"What where ya doing?" I say, making my voice softer.

"I was trying to turn on the light because the power came back on last night. I didn't know how to and I pulled the cord too hard." He whispers.

"That's okay." I twll him, taking his non-bleeding hand and helping him up from the ground. "Lets take care of the blood." I sit him down at the table and grab some stuff from my bag. A rather large piece of glass had found it's way into his palm, meaning it will be easy to take out, but also painful.

"This might hurt." I take his hand and as carefully as I can, I start to remove the shard. He gasps at the pain, grabbing my hand. I look up and our eyes meet for a second before he looks down.

"Sorry" he mutters. His cheeks turn the slightest hue of pink.

He closes his eyes and bites his lip until I finish. I chuck the shard in the bin and inspect the cut. It looks a lot better than I thought it would be, I think to my self. I dab some cream onto my fingers and massage it in gently around the cuts, then wrap up his hand to stop the bleeding.

"There. All better." I get up and find a dust pan under the sink and start cleaning up the lamp. "We'll have to start driving soon." I say as a glance at the clock. "We need to look around the barn where the two were last seen. I saw an update yesterday. On my news feed."

"Yes, the two missing people, Rob and Tessa were seen in an abandoned barn three days ago. The police where only informed last night. How far away from here is it?"

"Maybe a three or four hour drive." I say and he groans. "What? You don't like baby?" He looks confused for a second but then realizes I'm talking about the impala.

"Oh. The car is fine, I'm just not used to sitting still for so long."

"If you stick with me, you'll be used to it in a week or two."

The dark haired man turns his head to look out the window.

"You really drive that much?" He asks, looking back to me and squinting his blue eyes.

"Yes, but as long as I've got my classic rock and I stop for pie, it's all good." I grin. "Now. Do you need to do anything or can we start driving?"

"Now? It's almost 5 in the morning!"

"I know. Usually I would be going to sleep around now, but thanks to you I feel more rested then I have in a while. I'm ready to head out."

I go to over to the bed and grab some clothes out of my duffel bag before heading into the bathroom.

"Give me five minutes and we can hit the road. Unless you need some time before that to shower or something."

"I'm an angel, remember? We don't need to shower."

I stick my head out of the door and look at him. His face shows he thinks he's telling the truth about being an angel, and his eyes are so earnest I almost believe him.