Rain check on that kiss?

Dean P.O.V

I stand with my back to the angel, my eyes shut tightly just as he told me. I hear the sound of his wings emerge from his back, and his scent floats past on the air current his wings made. I don't really understand why he wanted me out in the field with him until I feel something brush against my hand.

At first I though it was just the breeze, but then I realize it's Cas' wing. My whole body tenses as the smooth feathers brush through my fingers. They are so soft, almost as if they were made of air. My eyes are still closed, so my body is making up for the lost sense by heightening others, like touch.

"Cas..." I breathe.

"Keep your eyes closed."

He runs what I think is the tip of his wing up the sleeve of my suit jacket, along my shoulders to the back of my neck. The feathers tickle my sensitive skin. I shiver at the contact, I've always been ticklish there. His wing brushes back and forth across my neck sending tingles down my spine, as his other wraps around my chest, pulling me backwards.

I have to take a step back in order to keep my balance. He keeps tugging me back until my back is pressed against his chest. His firm, shirtless chest. He rests his chin on my shoulder, and I feel his smile as he presses his lips to my neck.

He folds his wings around the two of us, and in the warmth of the cocoon he wraps his arms around my waist. My whole body heats up and I wrap my arms around him. Cas shifts so he is standing in front of me, his mouth getting closer and closer to mine as he kisses along my jaw.

"You can open your eyes now." He says, his lips brushing the skin above my top lip as he speaks.

I lift my eyelids to see the angels bright blue eyes staring back into mine. I glance down at his mouth, his perfect, kissable lips. I take a deep breath and pull him even closer to me, our lips brushing as he falls against my chest, sending sparks through my whole body. We stand there inside our private bubble, and each fall into the others' eyes before mine flick away to see his wings.

They are the most beautiful things I have ever seen; black, and larger than I thought they would be. Once they emerge from his shoulder blades, his wings reach all the way around me and overlap between us. As I look closer at them, I realize that each feather isn't just black, but more like an oil slick. There are metallic blues, pinks and greens folded into the black pigments of each feather.

"Cas, Your wings are incredible!" I exclaim.

A blush colours his cheeks and he hides his face in my shoulder, his dark hair brushing my ears.

"They should be white." He mumbles. "Most angels have white wings. Black is a colour of Hell."

"You are not most angels. You are the one and only Castiel, and I think your wings are beautiful."

He looks up at me, his eyes full of wonder.

"You really think so?"

"I do." I smile down at him.

A smile lights up his face, making his eyes glow even brighter. My palm cups his cheek and he tightens his hold on my waist. We both stand there watching each other, both want what is coming, but both a little scared. Tilting his head up, he closes his eyes and leans forward. I slowly close the distance between us, but right as our lips brush, we are interrupted by a British voice.

"Well, well. It was bound to happen sooner or later."

Cas squeaks and brings his wings into his shoulders in a flash. I jump a foot in the air and drop my hands to my side, lips still tingling, wishing for more of him. Turning, I see it is a rather smug Crowley who is standing in the middle of the field with us.

"Awesome timing." I mutter. "What do you want?"

"What I want is to be loved, but we all know that's never going to happen. What I came to tell you is that I managed to identify the demons." He pauses. "What, no applause? No 'Oh thank you Crowley, I'm forever indebted to you?'" he puts on a high falsetto voice. I roll my eyes.

"Get to the point Crowley." Snaps Cas, his arms folded over his bare chest.

"Yes, you're welcome. So anyway, the demons are Alistair and Hailen. I'm not sure you're aware of this, but they are bounty hunters of the supernatural. I've heard rumors of what kind of power Sammy possess, and I'm almost certain they are the ones who have him."

"What are they planning to do to him? Do you know where they are?" I ask, keeping my curiosity about Sam's powers to myself. I had no idea he had powers.

"No, and no, but I can find out where they will be."

"How?"

"Do you happen to have a pendulum or a map?"

"We have no pendulums and we incinerated the map." Castiel tells him. Crowley smirks.

"Sounds like you, Dean. Destruction and chaos."

"Where does chaos come into this? Actually, never mind. Can you get those things and meet us back at our hotel room?"

"Fine. I shall do all the work for everybody else as per usual. I'll be waiting for you at the hotel, so do hurry back." He says, and with a snap of his fingers the demon king of Hell is gone. I turn to Cas.

"Rain check on that kiss?"

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! With the start of school and everything I've been pretty stressed and not as motivated to write. :l