Okay? Okay.

The atmosphere inside of the restaurant is chaotic, exciting. Since it is lunch time, the restaurant is filled with people of all kinds. There are tired parents and their loud, whiny children. There are bus drivers grabbing a bite before their next shift, bikers, teenagers and seniors. Even a police officer has stopped by for some chicken nuggets.

"How does this work, Dean?" I ask quietly. "I've never encountered anything like this before."

He chuckles, a deep rumbling laugh.

"See that screen up there? It's showing you everything they make. On the right is the burgers and other not as important meals like salads, and on the left is the desserts. They're important."

I study the board above me and a large, colourful burger catches my eye.

"That one looks... good." I point up at it.

"The double cheese burger deluxe. An excellent choice. You want anything to drink?"

"No. I haven't eaten anything in the last 15 years. Maybe I'll just get used to eating first."

"Fair enough. Now we got to wait in line to tell the people behind the counter what we want." Dean tells me.

I nod my head, beginning to understand. I turn and take in all the people, the sound of chewing, crying and laughing. The blue and white tables have ketchup stains and crumbs on them, neglected to be cleaned by the staff. A full ring of onion lays on the floor and I spot a collection of small coins under the desk in front of Dean.

In the middle of the room there is a block with a machine on it. The machines have switches and nozzles on them. It looks interesting so I wander over to investigate. What is it? There are holes in the counter beside it, and containers holding straws and napkins. I look back at Dean who is watching the adds for burgers and new kinds of dipping sauces roll across the screen. He seems infatuated.

My attention goes back to the contraption on the counter. I extend one finger, and slowly press one of the switches. A neon green liquid shoots out of the nozzle into a gutter below. Startled, I bring my finger back. I squint at the label. Mountain Dew. I didn't realize dew was so colourful. I press the one beside it and a bubbly brown drink comes out. The label above it says Root Beer.  

Isn't that illegal? I join the hunter in the cue.

"Dean!" I tug on his arm. "Dean, they're serving beer to children!"

"What!? Oh, do you mean Root Beer?"

I nod.

"It's all right, there is no alcohol served here. Root Beer's just the name of a pop."

"Oh. That's good." I let out a sigh. He looks around the room and frowns.

"Hey. You wanna get us a table? It's getting busy. Just wait there and I'll bring our food. Kay?"

"Okay."

Most of the tables are occupied, but I see an empty one beside the front window. I maneuver myself between strollers and pushed back chairs, eventually getting to the table. It's blue with a white bench on either side. When I sit down I discover that the hard plastic is not very comfortable at all. The other people here don't seem to notice so maybe it's just me.

I watch as Dean talks with the cashier who stabs at her computer with pointy nails, and then motion for him to wait to the side. Behind the cashier, people in hair nets and aprons drop large bags of potato chips into boiling oil, before tossing them around.

I can hear the sizzling of everything grilling or frying with my enhanced abilities and a moment later four packages and a paper cup are placed on a red board and passed across the counter to Dean. He quickly spots me and comes over to the table I got.