[ 003 ] daryl dixon.

— CHAPTER THREE.
daryl dixon.

AIDEN WAKES UP AT SIX O'CLOCK THE NEXT MORNING. Thanks to waking up early every morning before the Fall, her body has remained used to rising early morning. Plus, she's always been an early bird. 

She eats breakfast, which isn't much. It's just some dehydrated deer jerky that Merle Dixon made. He doesn't share food but she didn't give him much of a choice. She made a deal with him. If she beat him in a fight, she kept a whole pack. Now she has to hide the deer jerky from Carl.

Then she cleans up a little around where the kids like to hang out. She pushes in all the chairs around their school table, she picks up two pieces of trash to throw away in the RV.

But now, Aiden stands beside Glenn with her arms crossed. She shakes her head solemnly as several of the men in camp strip the beautiful Dodge Charger of all necessary part. Glenn speaks up as Rick joins the young adults, "look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean!"

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get." Dale looks over at the young man with a sheepish expression, genuinely sorry. "Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn."

Glenn's sadness and disappointment seeps into his friends bones as well.

"It's so sad," Aiden sighs sadly. "At least I still have my Jeep."

"Lucky." Glenn mutters to her. "Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days." Glenn then says to Rick.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick speaks up.

This causes Aiden's eyebrows to shoot towards the sky. She smirks as she looks over at him. "Wow, Mr. Grimes, never thought I'd hear those words leave your mouth."

Rick laughs quietly before he gently taps Aiden's arm. She smiles as he walks past the set of best friends.

After several seconds of silence, Aiden's brown eyes turn to look up at Glenn. "Aw, is my Glenny-Poo sad?" She reaches up and pinches his cheek.

"No." He huffs dramatically. Aiden's eyebrows shoot towards the sky.

"Okay, whatever you say, big boy." Aiden replies with a mischievous smirk. Glenn rolls his eyes and nudges Aiden but she sees the grin on his face.

"You're so childish." Glenn shakes his head.

Aiden feigns a wounded expression

"Glenn! How could—"

Aiden is cut off by a aiden scream.

"Mom!" Comes the terrified voice of Carl Grimes.

As soon as Aiden hears the boy's voice, she running. Glenn hurries behind her, still eating her dust.

Everyone shouts for the children. As she approaches the scene, Aiden sees Jacqui with Carl and Sophia. Their mothers reach them quickly, both worried sick. Aiden follows after Rick, Shane, and Glenn into the clearing the kids came from.