six.

CHAPTER SIX,
you're strong...
stay like that.

Ed Peletier was dead. Aiden only thought one thing after she was told, thank God.

She was sitting in one of the fold out chairs with a bottle of water in her hand as she rested for a couple minutes until she went to help loud bodies into the back of the truck.

She sat up straighter when she saw Amy, well Amy's reanimated body, sitting up. The walker grasped at Andrea, trying to bite her. Aiden's hand slid to her handgun as she rose from the chair.

The gunshot made her jump. Amy's body thumped to the ground. Now fully dead. Andrea leaned over the top of Amy's body, crying once again.

Aiden's brows furrowed as she watched the older sister sob over her baby sister's body. She couldn't imagine losing Shane. He may have been the older of the two and it was "his job" do protect her from harm but she'd defend and protect her big brother until she died.

The bare thought of losing Shane made her want to curl up into a ball and cry for endless hours.

And she hoped she would never have to curl up into that ball and cry for endless hour.

»

Aiden sat in the old pickup truck as Daryl backed it up the hill. "I'm sorry about Merle." Aiden said suddenly. Daryl's eyes moved her. "I know you hate me-

"I don' hate ya." Daryl said to her with a glare. "Just don't like ya."

Her brown eyes rolled as she scoffed, "I see no difference, Dixon."

"There is." Daryl said as he parked the truck and got out, Aiden following. "I still think it's a mistake not burning these bodies." Daryl said to the two men digging holes. "It's what we said we'd do, right? Burn 'em all, wasn't that the idea?"

"At first." Shane replied.

"The Chinaman gets all emotional, says it's not the thing to do, we just follow him along? These people need to know who the hell's in charge here, what the rules are." Daryl said.

"He's Korean." Aiden told the redneck with raised eyebrows.

"There are no rules." Rick spoke up. Aiden rolled her eyes.

"There should be." Aiden said, "rules keeps order. If there are no rules, chaos ensues."

"Well, that's a problem. We haven't had one minutes to hold onto anything of our old selves. We need time to mourn and we need to bury our dead. It's what people do." Lori piped up

Aiden turned to look at her, her eyes looking at Carl, "mourn the dead, Lori. Hold onto to whatever pieces you have left of yourself and your past life because it won't last long."

»

Aiden was tired. There was no denying that. She was exhausted. She just wanted to close her eyes and sleep but every time she did she saw Amy's dead body.