thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN,
arguments and walker food.

"Where the hell is she?" Daryl Dixon asked roughly as he got off his brother's motorcycle. "Where's Aiden?"

"Inside." Glenn replied from where he stood on the porch. "She's resting."

"Show me." Daryl simply said. Hershel and Glenn took Daryl to her room where her sleeping body laid.

Daryl had taken many, many year to build up his walls but around Aiden his walls crashed to the ground. He wanted to scream at her for it. Curse at her but seeing her laying in this stranger's bed with bandages wrapped around her stomach and tank top on. He just wanted to sit with her until she woke.

His blue eyes softened as he stared at her. "She gonna live?" He asked the old man.

"She is." Hershel nodded, "she's a strong one." He then looked at Daryl and saw the way the man looked at her. "You got yourself a good one."

Glenn and Daryl both looked at Hershel. "She ain't nothin' to me."

»

Later in the morning, Aiden woke with a sharp pain in her side. Her brown eyes squinting at the morning sunlight that shone through the window.

She grunted as she pushed herself into a sitting position with her weak arms. She brushed her hair from her face and sighed.

Her eyes trailed to the IV attached to her arm before ripping it out. She slowly stood up from the bed and stumbled against the wall.

"Woah," she whispered to herself at her off balance.

She used the wall to stay standing as she walked into the hall. Her breathing was ragged as she trudged through the unknown house.

Her eyes narrowed as she entered the kitchen sand saw a young blonde girl and older blonde lady.

"Is Carl okay?" Aiden asked. The young girl jumped and turned around quickly while the older one stared at her in worry.

"You should be in bed." The older one said in a motherly tone.

"Carl, is he okay?" Aiden repeated.

"He is." She said. "I'm Patricia." She said. "That's Beth." She pointed to the teenager.

"Aiden." The brunette said. "Can you take me to him?" She asked. Patricia sighed and grabbed ahold of her hand and led her to Carl's room. She saw Lori and Carl's sleeping body.

Lori looked up at the sound of the floorboards creaking and smiled when she saw Aiden.  "You're awake." Lori spoke.

"I'm awake and in need of food." Aiden replied with a small laugh. The laugh caused her ribs to ache and she coughed. Lori stood quickly and made her way over to the younger women and sat her down in the bed.

"I'll make her something to eat." Patricia said.

"You don't have to." Aiden said to her.