eighteen.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN,
a natural.

The group all stood around the barn. The only sound was Carol's sobs and Daryl's voice.

"Don't look. Don't look." He tried to comfort her. He pulled the woman up but she pushed him away and ran off.

Aiden was in a state of shock as she stared at Sophia's dead body. She blinked when she heard Beth scream. She was the first one over to her followed closely behind by everyone else.

Aiden, Shane, and Rick pulled Beth away from the reanimated body of her mother and Andrea quickly killed it.

Beth sobbed in her father's arms as Aiden wiped her forehead with the back of her hand.

The group all made their way back to the house, Shane accusing the Greene's of knowing Sophia was dead the whole time, "we've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew."

"Leave us alone." Maggie ordered.

"Hey, Shane, just stop, man." Rick said to him and placed his hand on Shane's shoulder.

Shane quickly slapped away his hand. "Get your hands off me. You knew and you kept it from us."

"I didn't know." Hershel defended himself.

"That's bullshit. I think y'all knew." Shane continued to accuse the family.

"We didn't know!" Maggie yelled at him as she turned to face him.

"Why was she there!?"

"Your- Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." Hershel suggested.

"You except me to believe that? Do I look like an idiot?" Shane quizzed

"No, you look like a psycho version of Humpty Dumpty." Aiden thought to herself.

"Shane, hey hey hey." Rick placed his hand on Shane's chest.

"I don't care what you believe anymore!" Hershel raised his voice

"Everybody just calm down." Aiden stepped up, "we can talk about this like civilized people."

"Get him off my land!" Hershel pointed his finger at Shane.

"Please. No." Rick pleaded.

"Let me tell you something." Shane stepped towards Hershel before Maggie intervened.

"Hey. Don't touch him!" She slapped Shane across the face. "Haven't you done enough?"

The three women walked into the house and Hershel walked up the steps. "I mean it- off my land." Hershel then entered his home.

Aiden glared at her brother. "You really just screwed up everything for us." Aiden mumbled and stalked off.

Shane's rage filled eyes followed her until she disappeared from his sight.