fifteen.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,
a former officer and
a redneck.

Aiden returned from her search after about forty-five minutes. She now sat inside the RV, reading a book with Glenn sitting across from her.

Dale walked into the RV. "Sorry. Just returning your book." Glenn told the other man.

"Oh no, I'm sorry." Dale grabbed the book and looked at it. "If I had known the world was ending, I'd had brought better books."

Aiden waved the book she was reading. "To Kill a Mockingbird. It's a great book."

Dale nodded at her statement with a smile. "One of the only good ones I have." He told her.

Glenn suddenly stood and asked Dale a very insensitive question. "Dale, you think Andrea's on her period?" Aiden glanced up at him from her book with a grimace. "I'm only asking 'cause it's like all the women are acting really weird." Aiden raised her eyebrow. She wasn't acting weird, was she? She was just shot, she had a reason to act weird. "And I read somewhere that when women spend a lot of time together, their cycles line up and they all get super crazy hormonal at the same time."

Aiden's eyebrows had rose at that point as she stared at the two men. Dale raised his hand to stop Glenn from talking. "I'm gonna advise you to keep that theory to yourself."

Glenn laughed. "Yeah."

"Who else is acting weird?" Dale asked him.

Glenn sat back down in his spot. "Maggie."

"Ah, Maggie." Dale said with wide eyes.

"She started off being mean to me. Then she wanted to have sex with me. And now she's being mean to me again." Glenn told Dale.

"Wow." Aiden muttered. "It's like a tragic love story."

Glenn glared at her. "Don't talk to me about tragic love stories, Aid. Look at you and Daryl." Aiden made face. What the hell was Glenn talking about? "And I don't even want to know what's going on with Lori."

"What's going on with Lori?" Dale and Aiden asked in unison.

"Nothing. I don't know." Glenn replied a little to quickly.

"Alright, let's take this a step back. How do you know Maggie wanted to have sex with you?" Dale asked Glenn.

Glenn's face told the two everything. Aiden's mouth dropped. "Oh, son, you didn't." Dale said to him. "Did it ever occur to you how her father might feel about this?"

"She's twenty-two." Glenn said.

"And he is our host." Aiden told him.

"He doesn't know." Glenn told them. Aiden rolled her eyes.

"Well, see that it stays that way." Dale told the young man. "Jesus, Glenn, what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I might be dead tomorrow." Glenn abruptly stood. "Thanks for the book. You're right, it sucks." Dale tried to stop him.