Chapter Two

Damian briskly walked down the hall with Eros by his side

Damian briskly walked down the hall with Eros by his side. The had just returned from a business trip to Russia and they were both exhausted. There was unfinished business however and he was not going to rest until it was taken care of. It should have been taken care of days ago but more urgent matters arose.

"Go home, Eros." He turned to look at his tired friend. "Your wife is waiting for you."

Eros grunted in reply.

"I can't go home as yet. She is in a bad mood. I'm giving her some time to calm down. I might crash in your guest bedroom tonight. Why are we checking surveillance again? Didn't Dom say that they had no footage of her doing anything out of the ordinary?"

Damian clenched his jaw.

"He found some that were erased. He was able to recover and access it."

"Do you think that she is working for someone?" Eros asked. "If someone erased the tapes then they obviously don't want anyone to see something."

"She's not working for anyone. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Eros raised his brows in confusion.

"She was? Why did she climb a ladder up to the roof of a twelve storey building? She even did it during a storm."

Damian flexed his jaw.

"She was going to throw herself off the roof. She was about to leap off when I tackled her. I should have realized it earlier."

When he realized that Emma was most likely on the roof because she wanted to take her own life, his stomach churned. He was not an emotional man but she was making his heart clench and they had barely even exchanged words.

Eros cursed under his breath and quickened his pace. He too was curious now. Damian pushed the wooden door down the hall open. He greeted Dom with a slight nod.

"Let me see the footage."

Dom pressed a button on his keyboard and the footage began rolling.

In the first clip, he saw Emma walking down a dimly lit street in her dark blue scrubs. She walked for a few minutes before she stopped in her tracks. The other frame showed a man in a black hoodie trying to force what looked like a young teenager into his car.

Damian clenched his fist when he saw Emma attempt to help the teenager. The teenager managed to escape but the man was able to knock Emma unconscious by banging her head into a metal pole. He then proceeded to force her unconscious body into his car.

"I found another set of clips too boss," Dom informed him. He began striking more keys on the keyboard and then a new set of footage began rolling.

He saw the man take a still unconscious Emma into his house from his car.

"She didn't leave his house for a long time. She was there for about four months and a couple of days."