8

As soon as we get to lunch, Fawn stares at me like she's a cat about to pounce on me. Finally she sighs and rolls her eyes. "So?"

"So?" I hesitantly take a bite of my peanut butter sandwich.

"Tea?" She tilts her head like she's about to smack me smart.

"I'd love some. What kinds do you have?" She does, in fact, slap me. It's one of those iconic 'You're an Idiot' slaps girls always give their guy friends on the shoulder.

"The gay kind. Now spill." She crosses her arms and gives me a tilted-head mom glare.

I pull a package of sweetener out of my backpack pocket. "Sugar?" I keep these in my bag because Fawn always has tea. Literal and metaphorical.

"Tell me what happened with Nick. You promised you would, so tell me." She starts unwrapping her tuna sandwich and fried potatoes. Don't worry, they're not together.

"I sucked him dry." I take a huge bite of my sandwich and Fawn chokes.

"Oh my God. What?" She wipes her face and gives me a chance to swallow.

"We went to a janitor closet, made out, then I blew him. Now can I eat without getting turned on by thoughts of earlier today?" She nods and eats her lunch.

Nick catches my eye from a few tables over. I wink and he blushes, looking at his friends as if they care.