Chapter five

Hi, sorry for the long wait with this chapter, I know it's been a long time. Anyway I'm trying to get into an actual writing schedule, but with school, DnD sessions (three going at one time holy moly) and marching band, it's giving me very little time.
I will be trying to update on either a Tuesday, or Sunday since those are the only days I have free. Anyways I hope y'all enjoy the chapter!
~~~~~~
  You were brought into a spare room while you waited for Mike. Bruno had made sure you were comfortable and even left some drinks in a mini fridge. He seemed to catch on that you aren't very comfortable around the people in the gang right now with everything that was going on.
  You sat on the chair in the corner, looking around the room. There were two twin beds with a single nightstand in between them, the night stand was black, a contrast to the white sheets of the bed. A window on the far wall with a view of the streets, and a black dresser with a mirror on top of it. On the opposite wall there was a small closet with white and gold paint on it along with the mini fridge, the cord of it plugged into the wall. The carpet was a deep blue with a golden flower design on it and the walls were a lighter shade of blue, leaning more towards a blue-grey with blended nicely with the whole color scheme of the room. There was a door that lead to a bathroom which was connected to the room. The bathroom had navy blue tile floors, and all the regular things a bathroom would have.
  You got up to get a bottle of water, your throat feeling rather dry, when you heard knocking at the door. You quickly went over to the door, stumbling over your feet. You cracked it open so they could see your face, it was the guy with the gun, Mista. You opened the door a bit more, gripping the door handle.
  "Uh, hi. Fugo told me to tell you that Mike is doing much better now. He said something about the wound on his chest not being too deep. He'll probably be able to come to the room later." He told you.
  "O-oh that's good. Im really glad he's okay.." You avoided eye contact, focusing on the blue arrow on his hat.
  "Yeah. Tell me or anyone else if you need anything." He turned around, ready to leave.
  "Um, actually...I was wondering if there was any clothes I could change into..? Mine are kinda covered in blood a-and they're really dirty..." You stuttered.
  "We don't have any girl clothes, I don't think, but I think I have an extra sweater you can borrow. I'll go see if I have it, be right back." He offered, going to his room before you could say anything, so you stood there, feeling quite awkward. You felt as if you didn't belong here with the people who saved you. You began to sink into your feelings of doubt and guilt.
  After a few minutes Mista walked back over with a sweater, similar to his current one, but being purple and blue instead and there were some pajama pants as well. "So I found the sweater, and the pants are clean if you want to wear these." He offered them to you.
  "T-thank you," you took the sweater and the pajama pants from him, snapping out of your funk for the moment. "Are you sure it's fine for me to wear them? I-I'd feel bad if it wasn't and I was taking things you needed.."
  "Don't worry, I've got like five more of these sweaters and a shit ton of pants, so your fine." He smiled.
  "O-okay. Thank you Mista." You put your hand on the door, a small blush on your cheeks. "I'll...I'll see you later."
  "Bye." He waved, turning around and leaving.
  You closed the door, leaning against it as you did. A sigh escaped you as you closed your eyes. You didn't know how to feel right now with how everything was going. On one hand you were so happy that you escaped that hellhole, but on the other hand you were so terrified about what would happen next.
  You shook your head, now wasn't the time to thing about that, right now just focus on getting clean and taking care of you and Mike. So you gripped your spare clothes and walking into the bathroom to clean yourself off and get rid of your dirty clothes. Quickly you stripped yourself of your clothes, setting them on the floor, folded nicely. You set your anklet and necklace on the counter of the sink next to the clean clothes, then turned the shower on.
  You waited until the water was warm enough then stepped in. The warm water relaxed your muscles as it washed away the stains of blood and grime on you. You lathered soap onto yourself, scrubbing to get off as much of the blood and dirt as possible. Once that was done you washed your hair with some rose scented shampoo, savoring the semi-sweet scent.
Once the shampoo as out of your hair you slathered a good amount of conditioner into your hair, massaging your scalp as you rubbed it in, then began washing your face as the conditioner sat in your hair. You washed out the conditioner and washed your face at the same time, and by then you were about done, so you turned off the shower, stepping out and grabbing a towel.
You wrapped the towel around your body as the air hit your skin, it wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm either. Quickly, you dried off your body, then wrapped your hair with the towel and began getting dressed. You slipped on your underwear then pulled on the pajama pants, they were big on you, but you could adjust the waist size with the little string, so you did just that, then tied a small knot so it wouldn't come undone.
Next you pulled your towel off of your hair, giving your hair a rub with the towel to make sure it had dried, then set the towel on the counter and put the sweater on. The sweater was actually very soft and felt really nice on your skin. It only showed a small part of your stomach, but only if you raised both arms up. This made you smile slightly at yourself in the mirror as you ran your fingers through your hair.
Once you were done in the bathroom you walked back into your room, and your stomach growled. You opened the mini fridge to see if there was anything to eat, but there was only drinks in there. Sighing, you closed the fridge door and looked st the door of your room. Was it really worth it to go towards people you don't know just because your a little hungry? Your stomach growled again, this time louder. Yeah, it was worth it.
You opened your door, coming face to face to Mista, who had his hand up as if he was about to knock on your door.
"Hi. Um, dinner had been made if you wanna come eat with us. You don't have to if you don't want to, we won't force you, but it's probably not good to skip meals so.." Mista trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I-I'll join you.." You said softly, rubbing the fabric of the sweater between your fingers.
He seemed to light up a bit at this. "Great," He smiled, as he turned to walk down the hall. You followed, closing the door behind you. He lead you down to the kitchen where everyone was. There were two empty chairs next to each other, you assumed one was for Mista and the other was for a gang member that hadn't shown up yet. As Mista sat down you stood in the doorway, feeling rather uncomfortable.
"Come sit with us, there's a seat for you." Bruno said softly.
You nodded slightly, quickly walking over and sitting in the chair. As you sat, the scent of the food began to fill your senses. There were spices and many other smells that reminded you of the food your Nanna would make for you as a child, making you feel nostalgic.
On the table sat a bowl of salad, two plates holding different types of meat, a platter with vegetables and a small pitcher of wine that sat at the table. There were forks and knives with every plate that was set at a seat, along with some napkins.
"This all looks...amazing.." You mumbled, looking in awe as your mouth watered.
"Thank you miss Y/n. I made most of this with the help of Narancia." Fugo said proudly.
"Well, let's eat." Bruno said as everyone began to dig in.
You waited until everyone else had grabbed their food to grab yours, which you didn't grab much of. You ate at a moderate pace, staying silent for most of the time while everyone joked and chatted with each other. And to be honest, you were fine with this. You didn't mind being quite while everyone else was joking around. If anything, you felt more normal that you had in a while due to this dinner, and that made you very happy.