Chapter Seven

You were currently sitting on a chair at the hospital, your hand in a cast being held up by a sling. You had broken three fingers, some bones in your hand and four knuckles along with fracturing part of your arm from the force of your punches. You had gotten out of surgery two hours ago, the anesthesia had mostly worn off by then.
   Mista was talking to one of the doctors as Fugo sat next to you, tapping his foot against the ground. You wrapped your hand around the cast, feeling the rough texture against your fingers as you drug your nails across the cast. There was silence for a moment, then Fugo spoke.
  "Why did you do it..?" He asked, looking at you.
  "....I was angry and sad and upset....I-I didn't see any other way to let out my emotions..." You answered, turning your head.
  His eyes softened and he put his hand on your arm softly. "You can talk to us. I know you don't know us that well, and you probably don't trust us, but we are here for you."
  You didn't answer, closing your eyes as an attempt to stop oncoming tears. You didn't want his comfort or his pity. You just wanted everything to go back to normal.
  "If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you. And so is Mista, and the rest of the gang." He said, giving your arm a soft pat. His foot had stopped tapping and the features on his face looked soft, as if he was talking to a young child.
  You opened your mouth, wanting to say something, then Mista came over, causing you to shut your mouth rather quickly. It's not as if you didn't like him, you just didn't want to say what you were going to say then explain it to him. "They said we're free to go. They said that hopefully you'll only need the one surgery, but if it doesn't heal correctly you'll need another surgery. You'll be checking back up with them in three months."
  You stood up silently, nodding. Fugo stood up as well.
  "I'll go bring the car around." He left, leaving you and Mista.
  The silence was deafening between the two of you seeing as neither of you knew what to say to each other. You didn't know weither you should apologize or not for making them go through all this trouble. Mista opened his mouth, looking as if he's going to say something, then he closed his mouth, looking down at the ground.
"Mista I-" You were cut off by the sound of a car horn, specifically the horn from Fugo's car. "Never mind...I'll tell you later...." You walked out of the hospital, getting into the car, pushing the bloodied sweater into the next seat over.
Mista sat in the front seat, leaving you alone in the back as Fugo started the car. The lights on the street passed by as the car rode down the street, bumping along the holes and rocks on the street. Your eyes wandered around the car until finally settling at looking out the window. There were people walking along the street, some of them couples, mostly lonely people, but there were a few groups of people, most likely friends going out for a birthday or just to have fun.
  You sighed softly, wanting to have a normal like those people, where all you had to worry about was your job and whether or not you had enough money to pay rent this month, wondering what you should have for dinner. You missed the normal life, the life you had only three weeks prior. You would trade anything in the world to go back to the life you used to have, the life that you missed and now realized how much you loved.
~~~
"Y/n, are you feeling hungry?" Fugo asked as he stopped at a red light. "We're gonna stop at a bakery, and we can get you something if you want."
"Not really... I'm fine.." You mumbled, pulling your knees up to your chest.
He nodded slightly, driving into the parking lot. "I'll be back in a couple minutes." Fugo said, getting out of the car.
Once that Fugo had walked into the bakery, Mista turned over to look at you. "So, what were you going to tell me earlier.?" He asked.
You didn't look up. "I just wanted to say sorry for making you go through all my bullshit..."
"Y/n, it's not bullshit. You just went through a traumatic experience. Things are going to be hard for you, and that's okay. You don't need to have everything together right now." He said, his eyes softening.
You started tearing up. "I-I just....I feel awful that I am making you all go through this..." Tears began to fall. "I-I just f-fucked everything up..."
Mista climbed into the back seat and pulled you into his arms, bringing his arms around you. "You didn't fuck up anything Y/n. It's not your fault that any of this happened, I know it's not. We don't expect you to be perfectly together....the fact that your trying is good enough." He ran one of his hands through your hair.
You sobbed into his sweater, gripping it tightly. The fabric of the sweater was soft, but firm as it soaked up your tears. You felt like screaming. You didn't think it was fair to put him through this, to force him to deal with your emotions. But you just can't keep them down, you can't push down the emotions any longer. The threat of losing the only person you truly trusted was breaking you.
  He rested his chin on your forehead, whispering comforting words. His gentle words slowly calmed you down, as did his touch. You didn't know why but there was something so comforting about him, about how he treated you. He made you feel safe, safer than you have felt in weeks. Slowly, you pulled away from his chest, however you were still hunched over and tears were streaming down your cheeks. Mista used one of his hands to wipe the tears off your cheeks, being gentle on your delicate skin.
  You sat up, rubbing the tears from your eyes. Mista gave you a small smile, rubbing your back.
  "Thank you.." You said meekly.
  "You're welcome Y/n. And I'm always going to be here for you okay?"
  "Okay."
  Not a moment later, there was a knock at the window. You and Mista both looked at the window, seeing that it was Fugo holding three boxes. You climbed off Mista's lap, tugging at your sleeves softly, embarrassed. Mista's face turned red as he scrambled to find the words to explain to Fugo why you were sitting in his lap.
  "Open the door. My hands are full." Fugo semi-yelled, causing Mista to open it in a rush.
  "Fugo I-"
  "Shut up. I know you were just comforting her, I can see the tear stains on her cheeks and her eyes are red." Fugo shut the door, getting into the front seat. "Buckle up." He started the car.
  Both you and Mista put your seatbelts on, the boxes of pastries sitting next to him. Fugo pulled out of the parking lot and made his way back to the base. During the drive, you linked your pinky with Mista's, almost as if you were holding hands, but not quite there.
  Before you knew it, the three of you had arrived back at the base and the sun was starting to rise. Mista helped you out of the car as Fugo carried the boxes in. Once you were in the building, you realized how exhausted you were. Yawning, you began making your way up the stairs, going to head to your room. Then you realized you didn't want to be alone, you didn't trust yourself alone anymore.
  "Um, Mista..?" You turned to face him, rubbing your cast.
  "Yeah?" He looked up at you from the bottom of the stairs.
  "Could I...sleep in your room tonight? With you..? I-I don't really trust myself, uh, alone...a-and it's fine if you want to say no...." You trailed off, embarrassed.
  Heat rose in his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Um, yeah sure Y/n."
  You gave him a weak smile. "Thank you so much, I-I owe you one."
  He began walking up the stairs, leading you to his bedroom. "It's no problem Y/n. As long as you feel safe and comfortable."
  Once you were in the bedroom, you noticed how clean it was. You thought it would have been a big mess, but no, it was actually one of the cleanest rooms you have seen.
  "I'm gonna go change real quick. I'll be right in my bathroom if you need anything." He said, grabbing his pajamas, consisting of a T-shirt and sweatpants.
  You nodded, sitting on the bed. In an instant you noticed how you sunk into the softness of the bed and how nice the covers felt. This bed might even be better than the bed that was in your no longer used room. Laying back, you sighed softly, feeling a little numb at the moment.
  After a couple of minutes, Mista walked back into the room, his hat in his hand. His short brown hair fit his facial features quite well, making your cheeks warm up a bit. It's not as if you were attracted to him, you just happened to think his features fit well together. You sat up, pulling your knees to your chest as you averted your eyes.
  "Do you need some pajamas?" He asked, holding some up.
  "Um, if it's not too much of a bother..." You mumbled.
  "It's no big deal. I wouldn't want you to feel uncomfortable." He smiled, placing the clothes next to you.
  You gently picked up the clothes, standing up. "Thank you.." You walked into the bathroom and closed it. Quickly changing out of the clothes the hospital gave you and changed into the pajamas, walking back out once you had finished getting dressed.
  Mista took the clothes that you had changed out of, putting them into his hamper. "Laundry day is tomorrow, so I'll wash these with mine."
  You nodded softly, climbing onto one side of the bed. You laid down, pulling the sheets over your body, feeling silly asking him if you could stay in his room tonight. You probably made him feel uncomfortable.
Mista laid down on the other side of the bed, pulling one of the blankets over himself. You covered your face, feeling both embarrassed and awful. His hand nudged yours, taking ahold of it as he closed his eyes.
"It's Okay Y/n."
You looked at him, squeezing his hand softly before closing your eyes. Before you knew it, you were asleep. Soundly you slept, laying next to Mista. When you began to have nightmares, he woke up, pulling you close to himself. As he held you, eventually you would always calm down, so he decided it would be best for you if he just held you in his arms for the rest of the night.
Maybe this new life wouldn't be so bad?