Chapter Sixteen

"Did I ruin the moment?"
  Mista coughed, tugging at his hat. "Mm, ah, no.."
  You pressed your face into a pillow, trying to hide your embarrassment. Where you really about to kiss him? You didn't know how to feel about all of this. Not to mention Ace just busted in here all of the sudden. They made everything awkward.
  "Well, if you say so." Ace shrugged, taking off their jacket. They then walked over to the two of you, sitting next to you. "Can I sign your cast?"
  You nodded, holding out your arm. Their gentle hand took ahold of your arm as the scratches of a marker against your cast was made. Once Ace had finished, they let go of your arm, giving you a smile.
  "I hope your arm gets better soon."
  "Thanks.." You mumbled, face still red.
  "No prob bob." Ace said, turning on the tv. "Anything you want to watch?"
  You shook your head, clutching your pillow tight as Mista also responded with a no. Ace shrugged, then turned on the news.
"In other news, three more citizens have gone missing. Y/n L/n, Ian Lento, and Elinor Focaccia." The news anchor said. "If anyone has seen these people please contact this number."
A picture of the three of you showed up on the screen with a number.
"Hey, Y/n that's you." Ace pointed out.
You looked at the screen, seeing the picture your mother took of you when you had gotten your own place. You looked happy in the picture, so different to how you looked down. Your mother was probably worried sick about you. You should have called her long ago. How long had she been looking for you?
You stood up. "I need to make a call, I'll be right back."
Before either of them could say a thing, you had already walked into the other room, grabbing ahold of the landline phone on the wall. With shaky hands, you punched in your mother's number, waiting for her to answer as you listened to the dial tone. Just as you were about to hang up, your mother picked up the phone.
"Hello? Who is this?" She asked.
"It's me, mom." Your voice was soft, trembling as you spoke.
"Y/n is that you..?" She asked.
"Yeah, it's me." You smiled softly, tears forming. "Don't worry, I'm okay."
You could hear her cry through the phone, muffled by what you assume is her hand. "Oh I was so worried..! Where are you, I'll come get you right now."
"No mom, I-I can't tell you where I am.." Tears were falling down your cheeks. "I just want you to know I'm okay. Once this is over I'll come home. I love you."
"Wait, what do you-" You hung up the phone as you began sobbing into your hand. No doubt you had worried your mother more, but you knew that as long she knew you were alive she'll be okay. And in turn, now that she knows you're okay you feel more at ease.
But, it was still hard. It's hard know that you can't speak to your mom, you can't tell her anything because you know it could get her hurt, possibly even kill her. These were dangerous people, capable of horrible things. You couldn't just be careless anymore. You needed to be smart, think about your moves and how it will effect what happens.
With a sigh, you wiped away your tears. "Come and get me Lorenzo. I'm ready to kill you." You knew he could hear you with the stand inside you.
~~~~~~~
Lorenzo was sitting at a table with two other stand users, a man and a woman. They were all currently eating dinner when the woman suddenly looked up, her eyes glowing softly.
"Lorenzo, our little kitten is ready." The woman smirked, leaning back in her chair.
"Should we send her a message?" The man asked.
  Lorenzo took a bite from his apple.
"I think we should let her know we're also ready." Lorenzo stood up. "Get the car ready. It's time to collect my little pet."
~~~~~~~
  Hi, I know this chapter is short, I haven't been having a lot of inspiration lately.
  The story is almost over though :(
  I'm glad all of you have stuck around with me through this story. Thank you so much. I love you all and have a wonderful day/night! 💖💖