Chapter Twelve

For those who do not know, the picture is Peter's wolf form. This is what Stiles turned around to, but he is standing up straight.

Stiles turned around slowly, and what he saw was not human. Standing in front of him, where Peter once stood, was a big black monster with red eyes. Stiles froze in fear, not knowing what to do. Derek grabbed his shoulder, pulling him back and got in front of him, growling at Peter. "Stiles, leave," Derek said slowly.

Derek didn't have to tell him twice, Stiles quickly ran for the exit, not knowing where to go. He ran out of the house and quickly saw a hiding spot, in Derek's car. He ran to it, glad it was unlocked, hopped in, and jumped in the back, getting down as much as he could. He felt claustrophobic in the back of Derek's Chevy Camaro, but he felt safe.

Derek starred into his uncle's red eyes, ready at any moment to attack. In Peter's wolf form, he couldn't talk, but Derek knew exactly what he was thinking, "he didn't know any better," Derek growled. "He doesn't fully understand what we are. He doesn't understand how dangerous we can be. I can tell you it will never happen again."

Peter looked at him, his red eyes burning into Derek's flesh. Slowly he started to shift back, his bones becoming smaller, back to human size. Soon, Derek was looking into the face of his uncle once again. "It better not. Now go get him. I want to apologize."

"You? Apologize? Since when do you apologize?" Derek said, looking at his uncle in shock.

"I am now. Go get him before I change my mind," Peter ordered. Derek nodded and walked outside.

"Stiles?!" Derek called out. He didn't have an answer. "Stiles you're safe! Come out!" That's when he saw movement inside his car. He walked to it, opened it and saw Stiles in the back seat "what are you doing in my car?"

"Hiding," Stiles, getting out and standing in front of Derek. "Is he gone?"

"No, but he does want to apologize. Which is really surprising because he never apologizes for anything, so I don't know what's going to happen... But I promise you're safe," Derek said, nodding.

"Alright..." Stiles said, following Derek back into the house. Once they were in, Stiles couldn't look at Peter without fear running through his body.

"Hey there," Peter said. "I wanted to apologize for scaring you, sometimes I just lost control of my anger. I don't like doing that, especially to my nephew's mate."

"Your nephews what?" Stiles asked, shocked. Derek looked at Peter, who smirked back at him. "What did he call me?"

"It's nothing," Derek said, stepping to Stiles.

"No... Stay away from me..." Stiles said, backing away from both Peter and Derek.

"Stiles-" Derek said, but Stiles turned away and ran up the stairs. Derek went out to the hallway, "Stiles I can expl-" Stiles slammed the door, making the noise echo through the house. Derek sighed, going back into the living room, "I thought I told you not to say anything."

"Did you? I don't recall you saying such a thing..." Peter said, smirking.

"Get out," Derek growled.

Peter gasped sarcastically, "is my nephew kicking out of my own house?"

"It's not your house anymore. My mother left it for me. You know that" Derek said.

"Your mother is dead," Peter said.

"Get out!" Derek growled loudly, his voice low at the same time.

Peter threw his hands up in the air like he was surrendering, but he was smirking, "alright alright, I'll leave. Good luck with..." Peter started, looking up the stairs, "that." He smirked one last time before leaving the house.