•23•

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Jeno
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

I stared at the night sky. The night was filled of music and laughter knowing tonight is the night of my public appearance as an official prince.

I had the wave of uneasiness which wasn't good. Chenle's family arrived along with Jaemin's family. I haven't seen Renjun around the hallways. I'm sure he is still in the hospital or just running a little late.

"Why is my little brother hiding in his room huh?" Moon bin opened the door. He was wearing an amazing suit and he really looked good in it.

"Tonight is the night. I feel a bit uneasy." I chuckled nervously as I continuously fidget my fingers around a cube. "You're going to be like Donghae hyung, a public prince." Moon bin slid his arm around my neck. I didn't feel so pumped up.

"Hey, are you thinking about something else?" He stops fooling around and asks me a serious question. "Do I need to get married?" I looked into his eyes.

"Mother chose you. I can't debate with it even though I wanted too." He sighs as he moves away and went to my desk. I turned to him and sighed. "Mother can be manipulative." Moonbin said as he touched my stuff.

"I know. She gets under my skin sometimes." I agree with him. My mom tried to desert him but luckily most of dad's relatives defended him even though he is just a illegitimate child.

"Do you really want this?" He asks out of the blue. "I'm a prince and I have duty to accept any royal matters for the betterment of the people." I answered in a way I was trained to. I felt like a robot with the prince title under my name.

"I'm asking you out from your family title." He sternly turned to me.

"No, I don't want it. I wanna live my life a teen and love someone I truly like." I answered him. My feelings were not for Ara. I've been looking after Areum for a long time now. She might not recognize me from the first time we've met during freshmen year.

Moon bin turned to me with a smirk. "Do what you really like to do." He held the picture of Areum.

I took the picture from his hand and stared at it

I took the picture from his hand and stared at it. "You know what to do." He whispers into my ear and left the room. I closed my eyes as I kept the picture inside my coat.

I built up courage to get out of the room. The maids greeted me while I was walking down the hallway. Making my way to the balcony of the event. I suddenly felt my chest heavy. I leaned to see the people around. The event was set at the back of the mansion.

Everyone were drinking and enjoying the music. I spotted Chenle, Jaemin and Jisung. Haechan was with his family and a girl beside him.

I cascaded down the marble stairs as I fixed my white suit. The cameramen noticed me right away and positioned their cameras directly to me. Everyone was then alerted of my late appearance. Surely, mother isn't happy about it.