Epilogue

normal pov; 2029

"Areum?"

"Shut it Jane!"

"I'm serious!" Her best friend chuckled as she dragged the lady to her new girl friend. She looked a bit young than expected, maybe around her mid 20s? Areum greeted the young lady—Kimmy. "I'm meeting the prince's wife, it's so unreal!" Kimmy couldn't hide her excitement.

"I hope you'll enjoy this small gathering, Kimmy." She smiled at the both of them before leaving. Donghyuck seemed like to have lighten his mood after these years—talking brightly and annoyingly to our friends.

"Aunt Areum!" She felt a tug from her skirt. Areum bent down and pinched Li Jun's cheeks, "Where's your dad?"

"He's busy talking with his friends." Such perfect diction for a 5-year-old, what did Renjun feed this child?

"Li Jun!" Taehee came in running, possibly finding him for the longest time. "Where did you run off?" She grabbed her child. "I was at the living room, mom." Li Jun answered his mother right away.

"Your dad doesn't your keep an eye on you." She sighed she patted his head lightly.

"He was busy talking about his life as a student council president, the story I've heard a lot of times." The child was extremely honest with his thoughts. What did these two breed? I'm beginning to question its intelligence too much. "Your dad is just dad." Taehee chuckled.

"Dude, won't you give her a kid?" Donghyuck asks his best friend. Jeno chokes in his drink. "Excuse me?" He coughs after, making his other friends laugh.

"You guys have been together for 10 years, married for 3 years and no kid? I'm not getting younger Lee Jeno." Taeyong sipped his drink, making Jeno choke more on his second sip. True, his older friends are in their 30s. Jaemin was the first one to have a kid here. Renjun comes in second. "Hyung is just too shy." Chenle teases as he moved away his drink.

I watched Areum play with Li Jun. Maybe, maybe soon.. we'll have a child coming in our way.

"Li Jun, auntie is just going to the bathroom." She felt sickly suddenly. "Are you okay auntie? You look a bit pale." This kid is really Taehee's son, keen on observation. She managed to find Jane and told her to look after Li Jun for awhile. She rushed to the bathroom and puked for the longest time.

"Hello—HOLY MOLY!" Han came the bathroom at perfect or wrong timing. "You okay there, Areum?"

"Do I look okay?" She shriek as she cleaned herself weakly.

"Right, I was just checking." He snapped his fingers as he sprinted away from the bathroom.

"He could have helped me here!" She groaned as she sat on the floor, dizzy. Another minute passed by, she vomited once again.

"Han? Why are you running?" Renjun looked at the squirrel male. "I-I-I.." He points at the direction to the bathroom.

"Say it already idiot!" Hyunjin from the other aisle yelled annoyingly.

"I saw Areum vomiting at the bathroom—COULD SHE BE PREGNANT?!" Han shriek which alerted Jeno. Everyone stopped talking and looked at the famous composer. Areum came out from the bathroom, stressed and dizzy.

"Jeno, do you have anything to say?" Donghyuck asked in a muffled manner. Everyone looked at us, anticipating something. Jeno walked over to me nervously, "What happened the bathroom?" He whispered.

"How-"

"Han Jisung has a loud mouth." Jeno muttered.

"Oh." She looked at the male mentioned and sighed.

"Why were you vomiting?" He goes back to the main question. Areum escaped another sigh, boy she wanted to keep this a secret. "It's not the first time I vomited." She replies back with a smile.

"Huh? Wait-" Jeno widen his eyes as he processed the question, it struck him hard. "No way.."

"It's been 7 weeks-"

"I'M A DAD NOW!" Jeno exclaimed which made everybody flinched in the room. He hugged his wife as felt happy with the news. Areum chuckled and gave him a peck on the lips. Everyone applauded to the new parents of the room.

He touched her belly with care, he promised himself to be the best father he could be.

"Did anyone knew first before me?" Jeno asks. "Han knew minutes before than you, I can't believe he's quick." Areum smiled at the Han, who's crying with Donghyuck about the news.

"Loving you was a dream for me to chase but now it's a reality I'm willing to sacrifice." Jeno kissed her once more, happy to chase another dream successfully—a child coming into their lives.

end.
oneiric | lee jeno
————
thank you for reading oneiric!
i hope you enjoyed this story!
spin offs/sequels might be coming soon!