•27•

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Areum
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Jane came by to hang out at my room before we go out shopping because classes are suspended due to an important meeting for all personnel. "Has Jeno talked to you?" She plops herself on bed. I raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?"

She looked surprised as she glanced at me. "He hasn't told you?" She immediately sat down on the bed. Whatever she's implying, I don't know what she's talking about. She sighs annoyingly before standing up on her both of feet. "Don't blame me if I beat up your boyfriend when I get the chance." She taunts as she grabs the remote then went out of the room and switches on the television.

"News flash: Lee Royal Family responds to Kim group of companies assassination case."

The news was set in a white room with all the family members in one long table.There were 3 boys at the back in black suits. My eyes widen as soon I saw Jeno with his black hair parted at the side, looking like some prince in some fairy tale. There was also another table of few people in black clothing, ashamed in front of the media. The girl looked familiar. She had her silky brown hair tied into a bun and covered her face with a handkerchief. Wait, was she the girl that Jeno accompanied last time? I sat down beside Jane listened to short news.

Jeno's mother spoke up about the issue and dismisses it that KGC is guilty of the act carried by the family. Jane switched off the television and grabbed my shoulders. "You my dear.. is dating a prince." She looked at me with concern. I let out a scoff and stood up, "I did not know."

"That's why I told your lovely boyfriend to tell you about his real status."She stood beside me, grabbing my wrist. I felt a bit betrayed but I know he had his own reasons. "He isn't just some rich kid in school. He's even richer than Chenle who has his own house nearby." Jane sounded like I won the lottery but it was more than that. I couldn't blame him for hiding his status since we just started dating. "I'll talk to him. I'll let him speak."I massaged her shoulder to calm down. She knows how protective she gets. A knock disrupted our talk.

Jane opted to open the door to see if someone sent a death threat against me. "Noona, are we still going to shop? Jaemin hyung sent me here."Chenle appeared before her which made her smile. She finds Chenle precious since he was the cutest in the group in Jane's perspective. "Areum, get on your shoes.. we're going now." Jane glanced at me with a wink.

I chuckled as I grabbed a pair of white Nike air force. Chenle texted his friends that we were coming down in few minutes.

------

"I like the pink one better." Jaemin pointed at the gold colored hanger that I'm holding. Jane had a dress already before Rae Lin's birthday.

I wasn't the girlie type. Jaemin wasn't busy so he volunteered to come with me and Jane for shopping. Jeno was busy in the morning with his royal business. I nodded at his approval and decided to try it on.

"Dang girl." Jane awed. I grimaced as I turned to the mirror. Jaemin smiles in satisfaction. "You look fine, Areum." He said as he did high five with Jane. "I already saw Rae Lin's gown so don't worry about overdressing." Jane placed her hands on my shoulder. It was just simple as I thought about it.

 It was just simple as I thought about it

"Fine, I'll take it." I sighed while they giddily cheered behind me. "You should thank me, Areum." Jaemin winked. I closed the door and immediately started to change into my casual clothes.

"Where's the cashier?" I asked, hopefully my left over money is still enough to buy the dress. A staff came up to us. "Are you Ms. Jun Areum?" She asks politely. I nodded slowly. "Yes, I am Jun Areum." I added.

"Someone paid for your dress and shoes."

"Someone what?" Both Jane and I dropped our jaws as soon the staff said. Jaemin cleared his throat. "We haven't picked for her shoes—"

"Someone did." She showed us a pair of silver stilettos. We three exchanged glances before looking at the attendant. Jaemin decided on picking up the shoes so we can go eat already. It was oddly suspicious that my things were being paid.

"Jaemin." I called out.

He stopped in his tracks. "Yeah?" He turned his head towards me. "Did Jeno.." I started and his grin got bigger which the answer is clear. "I'm sure having a prince boyfriend would benefit you." He said playfully. Jeno paid for my clothes and stuff which was a bit flattering. Jane chuckled beside me as we went to a small noodle restaurant.

"I have a question." Jane blurts out. We both looked at her at the same time. "No offense Jaemin but.. why don't you have a girlfriend?" Jaemin's face froze and I was mentally facepalming right now. Jane could be insensitive with her questions which I was worried about. Jaemin later then gave a small chuckle. "I had.. but it was complicated." He answers briefly. I guess it wasn't a good relationship.

"Don't get the wrong idea, she's really nice." Jaemin had a tiny grin on his face. Maybe it was a good memory. "I never saw her during my middle school graduation or more like.. she left early." He sounded sad. Jane looked sad too. "I'm sorry for asking, I was just wondering why you're single." Jane patted his shoulder.

"Why? Are you going to date me?" He jokingly answers which made her grimace. "No way. I'm not straight." Jane flipped her hair. Jaemin dropped his jaw while I laughed at their nonsense.

---------------------------------------------

Omg I'm SO SORRY

I JUST RECENTLY FOOUND MY DRAFT FOR THIS CHAPTER.

HERE'S AN UPDATE TOO

I currently don't have classes because of COVID and i hope everyone is safe from the virus right now.