29

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Jeno
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"Thanks for picking me up." Jaemin said as he sat comfortably.

"Areum didn't want to be picked up so I just like wasted time." I tapped on the steering wheel as I followed the road towards the exit. "How's your sister?" I can't help but ask.

"Hana's fine. She ate ice cream and had an upset stomach like always." He sighed.

"Well, she loves vanilla." I chuckled as I stopped at the red light. "We're both lactose intolerant." Jaemin stresses more on that matter. "I wanna eat okay, let's go to a convenience store."

"Sure mom." I chuckled at the male who's just tired and hungry. I noticed how the clouds looked dark, could she be okay? I'll just call her soon. "Jeno?" Jaemin called.

"Hmm?" I resumed on driving. "You know, I'm feeling uneasy these days." He starts off on sharing his thoughts like middle school. Jaemin is my closest friend in the whole world and he always have these moments that would lead something bad.

"Keep it subtle, I'm driving." I reminded him. He knew what it means and nodded. "It's something with Areum. I just don't feel right if she went to that party." He looked worried.

"Haechan is there." I reminded him which he just chuckled. "You think-"

"He doesn't rejects parties." I cut him off. "Right. You're right." Jaemin does not argue that fact.

"I'll buy your stuff. Go check up on your girl." Jaemin gets out of the car. He went in the inconvenience store. I sighed as I opened my phone and checked my social media. Looks like she's fine. I smiled at the sight of her smile with Haechan and Jane by their table. A light thuds on the window was heard, it started to pour hard.

jeno
hey bro just text ill go
drive to the front door.
dont run.

I resumed on watching to more pictures. She was so damn beautiful. I began to regret to go with her. Yes, I have an invitation to this party. I'm just uninterested. 15 minutes passed by and Jaemin did not text me yet.

A screech from a car caught my attention as it drove to the exit. I parked near the exit and sight of the front door was blocked by a huge tree.

jaemin🌸
drive now.
i need help.

I looked at the text confusingly but did what he asked. I drove towards the front and my heart dropped as soon. Jaemin held her back as he checked her wounds. I parked the car quickly and removed my seatbelt. Mya adrenaline was kicking in as soon I got out and wrapped her drenched body with my coat.

"Areum stay awake okay?" Jaemin sounded serious. I looked at the plastic bag he had around his arm, he was buying first aid. I carried her body, Areum looked at me weak. "Jeno?"

"It's me, baby." I whispered as I placed her at the back seat. "I'll just do first aid and we need to go back to the hospital soon." Jaemin said as he sat beside her. My hand was shaking as I got inside and drove quickly to the hospital once again.

Areum closed her eyes as she let Jaemin cleaned her wounds. She whimpered every time and it felt torturous for him.

"Hello?" I put the Chief guard on call.

"Your highness! It's late-"

"I know! But I need to know the CCTV footage at 7-11 near Klaire Primary school. Around 9:30-10pm."

"Copy your highness. I will find the copy for the footage asap." Chief guard Kim Doyoung replied.

"And your highness, why are you heading the Imperial Hospital? Are YOU HURT?!"

"No, it's my.." I glanced at the back, Areum was in pain by just cleaning her wounds. Anger boiled in me. "My girlfriend got injured.."

"I see." He cleared his throat. "I shall meet you at the  Imperial Hospital." The line ended there.

"Imperial Hospital?! Are you—" Jaemin just chuckled as he finishes bandaging her wounds found on her forehead, arm and leg. "Shut up. I don't want people to see her." I replied.

"Your highness." Doyoung bowed down as we met up at the entrance of the hospital.

The nurses and few doctors were behind him. I had Areum in my arms and rushed to the stretcher. "Be sure she lives." I told the 3 doctors before going to the lobby. Jaemin and Doyoung tailed him behind because they knew he was being paranoid now.

"Haechan?" Jaemin answered his call. "You dumbass, we're in the Imperial Hospital because of Areum."

"Get your asses here." Jaemin kept his phone and sat beside me. "They're going to tell us what happened as soon they get here." He meant by Haechan and Jane. I sighed as I nodded while the Chief Guard looked curious.

"Sir." Doyoung had his phone opened and gave it to me. The video was on a bird's view perspective. Jaemin scooted closer to me as we watched the footage.

"Yah! Rae Lin!"

Girls kicking her to death demands proper punishment. It fumes a lot of anger from
me, how dare they do this? As the footage finishes, I gave it to Jaemin so the other two can see that. "Chief Guard Kim.. as soon Haechan arrives, asked for the address of the party they attended." I glanced at him.

"What are you doing Jeno?" Jaemin paused the footage.

"Someone's going to get arrested on their birthday." It tasted bitter from my mouth but it was also the best option to do so.

"Your highness!" One of the doctors ran to us. "She's awake."

——————
dun dun dun here's an update