Chapter t h r e e - Yale News

You stand outside your dorm with Logan once more, only this time it's 6am.

By the time the fireworks were done and you'd met everyone, it was sunrise.

"So..." you say awkwardly. "Thanks for convincing me to actually join. I'm not sure I would have if I didn't know anyone."

"Are you saying that Finn didn't convince you with his drunken rants?" Logan laughs.

"I'm not gonna lie, I did kind of think I'd accidentally walked into a cult. Anyway, I should get inside, try and get some form of sleep before class."

"Well, if you're free, come by the news room. We could grab a coffee or something. Y'know, as friends."

"Yeah," you smile sadly. "As friends. My last class is at 4, so does 4.30 work for you?"

"That's perfect Rose."

"Bye Logan," you quietly open your door, and creep in, trying to make as little noise as possible.

You head to your room, and instantly fall asleep, only to be woken up in an hour by Rory jumping onto your bed.

You groan and cover your head with a pillow. "It's too early for class."

"It wouldn't be too early if you'd actually got some sleep last night. When did you come home? Were you with a boy? If so, who?"

You sit up sleepily. "I was just at a meeting thing that ran a little late, and yes I was with a boy, but we're just friends."

The word 'boy' got Paris' attention.
"Geez Y/N, you do work fast. Who is it?"

"We're just friends! Now if you excuse me I have to get ready for class."

You get up and dressed quickly, ignoring all their further questions, before heading to class with a pounding headache.

~~~

After a long day of class, you head to the news room, really needing the coffee.

As soon as you enter you spot Paris and Rory. You wander over to them, all the while keeping your eye out for Logan.

"Hey guys," you smile. "Should've known you'd be here."

"Y/N hi! What are you doing here?" Rory asks, confused.

"Oh, just meeting a friend for coffee."

"Is this the same 'friend' you were with last night?" Paris glares, annoyed that she didn't have all the details.

You grin. "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

Suddenly a hand touches your shoulder, and you whip around, getting the fright of your life.

"Jesus Logan, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry Rose, but in my defence, we were supposed to be having coffee. Not my fault you got side tracked."

You roll your eyes playfully. "Well I'm very sorry you were deprived of attention for all of 2 minutes. These are my roommates, Paris and Rory."

"Nice to meet you both, good to see freshmen joining the paper. I'm Logan, Logan Huntzberger."

"No way," Rory's eyes widen. "Logan Huntzberger as in Mitchum Huntzberger?"

"The one and only."

"How cool! I'm a big fan!"

"I'll pass that along, but we should probably get going. I'll see you both around."

Logan links his arm with yours and the two of you walk to the nearest coffee cart.

"So... knowing my roommates I'm guessing they're going to talk my ear off about your father when I get back."

"At least someone likes him."

"He's still giving you a hard time, huh?"

"He's never not giving me a hard time Rose. My entire life is mapped out for me, I have no choices left to make."

"You've always got a choice Logan. Whether it's big or small, you always have one. And you've got your whole life ahead of you, who knows what'll happen?"

"Even if you're right Y/N, it's not a life I want to live."

"Then don't! Blow off your father, do what makes you happy."

"That's easier said than done."

"At least your father takes an interest in your life, I haven't seen my parents for almost a year now. I get cards at Christmas, and that's it. Not even a birthday card."

"Well, let's just agree both our home lives are crappy and change the subject."

"Agreed, so what have you been reading lately?"

~~~

You spend another two hours with Logan, strolling through Yale, buying a new coffee at each cart you came to.

You stand outside your door, bracing yourself for the questions.

"Hey guys," you say, going in and taking your coat off, before heading to your room.

"Wait a minute!" Paris yells before you can close your bedroom door.

"You didn't tell us that your new boyfriend is Logan Huntzberger! His family is basically royalty in journalism circles."

"Oh my god, for the last time, he is not my boyfriend! We might've kissed but he doesn't do commitment and I respect that so we're just friends!"

You freeze, realising what you'd just said.

"You kissed?" Rory squeals. "Give us all the details."

"There are none, now I have loads of homework to do, so good night!"

You dash into your room, and collapse onto the bed, wondering how you'd managed to fall for a guy so quickly.