Chapter e i g h t - Pretty Good Bad Idea

A month had passed without you talking to Logan, and it was hitting you harder than you expected. You hadn't realised how much he'd impacted your life until he was gone. If you didn't have Tristan you didn't know what you'd do.

Every so often you saw him when walking to class, and it made your heart hurt. All you wanted was to go up to him and make things right, but you knew you couldn't go back to the way things were. Too much had changed.

~~~

"Paris, no way! I don't have time!"

"Please Y/N, we're so short staffed we don't have anyone to proofread some articles. Everyone on the paper is too busy finishing their stories up to proofread! And you're one of the most organised people I know, if you can't do this we'll miss our deadline."

You hesitate. "I mean... I'd like to help, but what if Logan's there when I am?"

"You won't," Paris assures you. "Logan barely turns up, and besides, it'll be so late at night you'll either be on your own or with Doyle or someone."

"Oh great," you laugh. "An evening with Doyle. Can't think of a better way to spend my night. Oh wait! Nevermind, I can."

"Please?" Paris bats her eyelashes.

"Fine, but you definitely owe me."

"Oh thank god, I thought I was going to have to ask Tristan to proofread for a minute, now that's a scary thought."

~~~

So, at 11pm you let yourself into the news room, and log on to Paris' computer. You start to read through articles, making occasional small changes.

You get engrossed, and barely notice someone opening the door.

"Y/N?"

You spin around. "Logan? What are you doing here?"

"I could say the same thing to you," he says, hanging his jacket up and taking a seat at the desk next to yours.

"Paris needed me to proofread some stories because apparently everyone's really far behind."

"Well, I guess this is me trying to catch up."

You fall into an uncomfortable silence, unable to refocus on your work with Logan right there.

Eventually, you sigh and sit back in your chair, turning to look at him.

"I think we need to talk."

"I agree."

"I'm sorry that I got offended by you and Rory, I had no right to get upset."

"And I'm sorry I got offended by you and Tristan. It's just... I've never had to deal with these feelings before. I've never been close to anyone, and it scares me. And I realise now, that I'm in love with you. I'm not expecting you to understand or care, but please know I'll always be there for you, no matter what."

"I really am sorry things turned out this way, Logan. This is not where I thought things were going at the start of the yea-"

You're cut off by Logan suddenly bridging the gap between the two of you and kissing you.

Surprised, you lean into the kiss slightly, before you realise what you're doing.

"Logan, I can't do this. I have a boyfriend."

"I know it's wrong Rose, but please. We have something special, we can't let it go by. You only regret the things you don't do, the chances you don't take!"

"But Tristan deserves better."

"If you truly loved him you wouldn't have kissed back. You're with him because he's safe Rose, and you know it."

"Well then maybe safety is what I need!"

"Ask yourself this: do you want to look back on a life you lived safely, or a life you lived filled with risk and excitement?"

"Please Logan, don't make me choose," your eyes start to glisten. "I don't know what I feel anymore, everything's so confusing."

Logan looks at you sadly. "I can go if you want."

He stands up and turns off his computer, getting ready to leave.
In a split second, you make a decision.

"Logan!" You call after him, standing up.

As he turns around you crash your lips to his, arms around his neck.
He kisses you back hard and presses you up against the wall, hands frantically running through your hair.

You pull Logan's jacket off and moan into the kiss as he pulls your jumper over your head. You pull away as you feel his hands playing with the bottom of your shirt.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that," you whisper, still nose to nose with him.

"Take as much time as you need Rose, I want to savour every moment with you."

"I guess I'll need to break up with Tristan tomorrow then."

"Unless you're into polygamy, then yes."

Despite everything, you laugh. "Ew! But I just feel like such a horrible person, he's been so good to me, and I feel like I was never properly there with him. Every time we spent time together my mind was on making you jealous. I didn't want it to be, but that's where it ended up. It's always been you Logan. Since that very first night when you walked me home, it's always been you."

"If only I'd come to my senses then, I could've saved us both a lot of heartache by just realising what I wanted."

You pull him in again for a kiss, this time much gentler.

"Listen," you mumble. "As much as I like this, it's almost 1am now, I really need to at going or there's no point in me going home."

"I'll walk you back," Logan helps you get your jacket on.

"What a full circle moment," you grin. "Stuff always happens when you walk me home."

"Well, maybe I should do it more often then," Logan links arms with you, and you head back to your dorm.

The two of you stand outside your dorm, neither wanting to say goodbye, until eventually your hands begin to go numb, and Logan insists you go inside.

"Goodnight Rose."

"Goodnight Mr Huntzberger."

I'm aware that this isn't my best chapter but I'm really trying to keep up to schedule with this story :))