Chapter f o u r t e e n - Should've Said No

It had been 2 months since your extravagant first date with Logan, and the two of you were going strong. Until now that is.

"Shit!" You curse loudly.

"You okay Y/N?" Rory calls through the bathroom door.

"Not really," you sigh, feeling tears well up. Your period was late and you were fearing the worst.

"What's up?"

"I may or may not be pregnant. I haven't got up the courage to take a test yet," you sigh.

"Wow!" Rory looks taken aback. "I didn't even know you and Logan had... you know..."

You sit down on your bed, groaning slightly. "First time was in California. That was like 2 months ago? So it's possible."

"Y/N, do you want my advice?"

"Of course."

"Go tell him. If you're not ready to take the test you need to tell him. Take it together."

"Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's nothing. I just don't want to take the test with our him knowing. I'll go now."

You throw on a jacket and head over to his apartment. You knock on the door and he answers.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"Who is it Logan?" A female voice calls.

Your heart drops, and you take a step back. "Who's that?"

"She's just an old friend, don't worry about it."

"Old friend?" A girl pops in to view. "That's a bit of an understatement don't you think? I'm Eve, and you are?"

"Eve this is Y/N-" Logan starts.

"His girlfriend," you glare.

"Oh! Logan never mentioned you."

Logan winces, and reaches out to take your hand. You recoil back, tears springing.

"Eve, Y/N and I need to talk, can you excuse us?"

"No we don't," you snap. "I've heard all I need to hear. You've got him all to yourself now."

You turn away and block out Logan's words as he hurries after you. Unfortunately your dorm is a 5/10 minute walk away, so even if with you running, Logan easily catches up.

"Rose wait! I can explain! It's not what it looks like," he scrambles desperately.

"Really? Because what it looks like is your ex is coming on to you! We never should've done this Logan, what were we thinking?" Tears start to drip down your face.

"Hear me out... Eve appeared at my door 10 minutes before you got there. All we did was talk. Plus we never dated. Please Rose you have to believe me."

"I... I want to. But I don't know if I can. Maybe you were right about commitment not being your thing. I have to go.

"Rose wait! You're being unreasonable!"

"I am not the one being unreasonable! Forgive me for panicking a little when she finds her boyfriend 'having a chat' with his ex who is still clearly into him. And I don't want this baby to have a cheating disloyal father!"

You clamp your mouth over your hand after the last part, cursing your lack of emotional control.

"You're pregnant?" Logan's eyes shine, and he takes your hands.

"I don't know," you pull your hands away. " I'm late, but I was coming over to take the test with you. But I really just need to get home. I'll call you when I take it. If you want to know."

Suddenly and without warning,Logan envelopes you in a hug. "I'm so sorry Y/N, I'll tell Eve to leave right now. I love you so much, and if you are pregnant then I want to have this baby with you. Please just take the test now."

You bury your head into his shoulder and cry. "I'm sorry too... it's just I got so scared when I saw her that I lost control."

"Rose, you are the single most important person in my life. And if you do happen to be pregnant I will love and care for this baby just as much as I care for you. I promise you."