Chapter t w e l v e - California Here We Come

"Wake up Rose!" Logan gently shakes you awake. "We've gotta leave in an hour."

"Leave for where?" You mumble sleepily, rubbing your eyes.

"California! Remember?"

"Not really," you groan. "I don't remember much of yesterday.

"That my dear Rose is because, to put it nicely, you got completely plastered."

"Please tell me I didn't embarrass myself."

"No more than usual."

"Hey!" You laugh, sitting up slowly. Suddenly your eyes widen. "Oh my god I haven't packed anything! What will I take?"

"Calm down Rose, I've got it sorted. I got Rory to pack a bag for you."

"You are the best, most well prepared boyfriend in the world, you know that right?" You give him a peck on the cheek.

"It's a natural talent, I know."

"Well I better get ready."

~~~

3 hours later you were sat on a plane with your head on Logan's shoulder, yawning every two seconds.

He glances down at you. "You can sleep you know."

"But then I'd feel bad for not giving you my full attention since you planned all this," you smile sleepily.

"Believe me Rose I'd rather you sleep now and are awake later than being drowsy all day."

"If you insist..." you mumble, already falling asleep.

~~~

Several hours later you and Logan were standing in the OC, having just dropped your stuff off at the hotel.

"So... what do you want to do first?" Logan asks you.

"Hmm... I'm not sure. Any recommendations?" You take his hand.

"Beach. Definitely beach."

"Lead the way then."

You start walking, chatting about everything that happened yesterday that you couldn't remember, when suddenly you walked into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry," you turn to apologise and then gasp.
"Dave? Dave Rygalski?"

Dave grins and pulls you into a hug. "Y/N! What are you doing out here?"

"Just on a trip while we've got a few days off. Oh! This is my boyfriend Logan. Logan, this is Dave."

"Nice to meet you," Logan shakes his hand. "So how do you two know each other?"

"You know my friend Lane? This is her... ex."

"Ah okay, so what are you doing in California?"

"Oh I'm at UCLA." Dave turns to you. "How's Lane doing?"

"Uhm..." you fidget with your bracelet. "She was really heartbroken after you left for ages... but now her and Zach are a thing."

"Huh." Dave looks hurt. "Well, I couldn't expect her to wait around."

"I'm sure she still cares about you a lot. You're missed in Stars Hollow. It wasn't the same when you and Jess left."

"Well I appreciate it, but you don't have to make me feel better. Anyway, I have some friends here that are throwing a party, you should definitely come! It's at 7 tonight, at this address," he scribbles down a barely legible address and hands it to you.

You turn to Logan. "Do you want to go?"

He shrugs. "Sure, why not? I'm always up for a good party."

I am so sorry that this is so short, I've just been so exhausted with the new year starting that I think the chapters will either have to become shorter or you'll have to wait longer for them. I might just do more of the slightly shorter chapters (like this trip will probably span at least one or two more chapters)
Hope I'm not disappointing anyone! And I still fully intend to finish this (I hate when I start fics only to find they aren't finished), it's just writing can't be my top priority right now so it'll be a longer time coming. Thanks for your patience!