the jealousy

max's pov
it was the next week, monday to be exact, and the inevitable rachel grey was going to be at school that day. of course i wasn't happy, el wasn't either. after we went back to el's house we got into a big fight, because el didn't want to lose me.

i arrived at school wearing jeans, sneakers, and a black tee. i knew something bad was about happening, because el was getting with troy, to make me jealous. i would never want to hurt el on purpose, but i have a reason to do a little something.

i grabbed textbooks from my locker and walked to science, which i had with troy. i sat in my desk and waited for mr. clarke to start the lesson. he eventually started telling us that we just had to take notes and read a chapter from the textbook, which is simple. i was
in the middle of writing a few notes when i heard a whisper.

"hey dyke! i stole your girl." troy chuckled quietly, "looks like you'll have to get with that new hottie, or maybe i'll steal her too."

"oh my god shut your fucking mouth doofus!" i almost yelled at him, "she's only with you to make me jealous, and it's not gonna work, so have your fun while it lasts." that quickly shut him up, but he's a dumbass so he's obviously going to keep "dating" her.

30 minutes later the bell rang and i had math. i walked out of mr. clarkes class and bumped into a familiar girl.

"watch it!" the girl yelled at me as i kept walking to my locker, it was rachel. i ignored it because that's not gonna be the first time i run into her. i grabbed my math textbook and headed to math, on my way there i saw el kissing troy, more like making out though. she's gonna get mono from that idiot. i bump into her on purpose and her attention focused on me, and only me.

"what el? oh yeah i think i heard around last week that you didn't want to lose me, even though i can obviously see you and troy sharing your saliva!" i shouted at her, now everyone was focused on us.

"max shut up!" she whisper yelled at me through her teeth.

"i hope you have fun with the rumors." i whispered to her as i walked into the math room. i sat down, saw rachel walk in and place herself right behind me. i just ignored her again and started working on the worksheet that the teacher gave us. "she's so fucking clueless." i whispered to myself.

"huh?" rachel asked me with a smirk.

"nothing."

"it's that little brunette doll isn't it?"

"maybe, just mind your business rachel."

"i mean if i was getting pussy from a beautiful girl like her and she just leaves me for a dumbass i would be mad too."

"that's not it, we're not hooking up or anything it's just a huge mess." i replied sighing.

"well it's happened with me before, i think you might know the girl too."

"rachel it wasn't my choice to leave california i had to, and it's not like i wanted to anyways."

"i know your problem, you're not mad, you're jealous." rachel snickered. she was absolutely right.

"yeah of course i am."

"don't you want to do something about it?"

"i don't wanna hurt her rachel that would be an ass move."

"but she's hurting you isn't she?"

el's pov

i've been thinking about what max said all day, and it's lunch. i see her across the cafeteria sitting with rachel. i miss max. i miss even being in her presence. i miss laying my head on her shoulder when i got tired. i miss everything about her. i am falling for her. hard.

i decided to walk over to her. i don't know what i was gonna do exactly but i wanted to talk to her. "hey max, could we talk?" i said feeling my stomach knotting.

"why should i? i mean you tried to make me jealous after all."

"i just wanted to say that i'm sorry max, l-like really sorry. it really hurts me to not talk to you and i regret ever trying to hurt you, i-i didn't mean it. i promise."

"piss off." max spat at me.

i felt my heart shatter, i only felt this one time and that was when mike dumped me. i quickly ran out of the cafeteria and to the bathroom. i fell on the ground and started to cry, and i couldn't stop. then all of a sudden troy walked into the bathroom.

"troy? what are you doing here? this is the girls room." i said before he roughly pulled me up from the ground.

"i'm gonna prove that you're mine, and no one else's." he whispered into my ear while he held onto me tightly.

"l-let me go!!" i screamed trying to get out of his grasp. he let go of one arm for a second and i managed to break free. but then he started to unbuckle his jeans, what was he doing?

"come here darling." he yelled to me as he walked closer.

i bolted out of the bathroom and he followed behind. i ran into the cafeteria and straight to max.

"what's wrong el?" she asked. i could tell that before she was just following rachel's instructions.

"t-troy trapped me in the bathroom and tried to do bad stuff to me." i cried as she held me in her arms.

"you're safe with me el, i got you." she whispered to me as she kissed my head.

"well look here everyone! it's the fucking dykes!" troy chuckled along with everyone else. "man i really thought we would work out jane, you're so much better than this."

that made max mad. really mad. she lost it. "LISTEN UP ASSHOLE! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!! YOU'RE THE ONE TRYING TO RAPE HER IN THE BATHROOM!! SHE'S NOTHING MORE THAN JUST A SWEET GIRL WHO DESERVES LOVE. AND NOT YOUR LOVE. SHE NEEDS REAL LOVE." she screamed at the top of her lungs. i've never seen her like this, ever. "come on el we're leaving." she said with a raspy voice as she took my hand. she lead me to the bike racks and hugged me tightly. "i'm so sorry el, i'm sorry for telling you to piss off or being mean to you, it wasn't my idea, i would never intend to hurt you." she cried into my shoulder.

"thank you max, th-thank you for saving me." i barely let out.

"i'm always here for you el, you mean everything to me."

a/n: hello everyone! i just wanna say a quick thank you for all the attention this is getting even though i suck at writing!! hope you enjoyed the chapter!
word count: 1131