12 | Ash Miller

Diego and River parted ways after she had manipulated the police officers to not press charges on her brother. River entered the academy seeing Klaus and Five head down the stairs.

"Where you guys going?" Klaus looked at Five. "No where," Five quickly said before opening the door. A cough can be heard behind River. Five was met with a man in front of their doorstep.

"Is River here?" River recognizance that voice too quickly. "Oh god," she rolled her eyes before putting a smile on before turning around. "Is that how you greet a friend?" Ash smirked.

"Why are you here?" Five and Klaus was now looking at the strange person in front of their doorstep and back at their sister. Ash stepped inside the house without even being invited to. He quickly hugged River.

River was very small compared to Ash so she couldn't get out of his grasp. "Make him get off her Klaus," Ben tried shoving Ash off of his girl. Klaus quickly coughed before pushing the man away from his sister, not wanting to see Ben pissed.

"Oh i'm sorry. I'm Ash, River's friend," Ash smirked holding his hand in front of Klaus. It was clear to all of them that he was british. Five rolled his eyes at Ash. "Wow River didn't know you moved on already," Five then left the academy.

"I- No- It's not- I hate my life," River letting out a heavy sigh. "What does that mean?" Ash was now even more curious, after finding out that she might have her eyes on someone else.

"Ben is pissed. He doesn't like this," Klaus whispered only for her to hear. Klaus then left the academy leaving River stunned.

"Ash. Why are you here," River was clearly pissed and wasn't having it with Ash. "Ri, you left London without saying a word. And of course I took it upon myself to look for you." River rolled her eyes, annoyed at Ash.

"I didn't asked for you to find me. This is not Paper Towns," she went to the bar, with Ash following her behind. "Who were those two?" River reached to grab a drink behind the bar.

"My brothers," she didn't bother pouring it in a cup, instead she started chugging it. "Not going to share?" Ash teased. River gave him a forced smile before rolling her eyes again.

"So. This is where you grew up," Ash looked around the academy. "Why are you really here Ash," River wanted to drown out her problem with the liquor.

"You know why. After you left me hanging... I really wanted to know your answer," The two didn't notice Allison listening to their conversation from the other entrance. "No. My answer is no. I left you for a reason Ash."

River stopped drinking as she saw no point in drinking anymore. It was clear that her problem wasn't going away. "Why? Was I not enough?" River's heart stopped for a second.

"No. I just... I wasn't ready. I'm not ready. I probably will never be ready to love someone else," she hated to admit it in front of Ash but it was the truth. Her heart was set on Ben. And it always will be.

With that, Ash shook his head before heading out of the academy without saying a word. Allison coughed announcing her presence. "How much of that did you hear?"

"I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to listen to your conversation," Allison sat next to her. "He asked you out huh?" River smiled not believing that Allison was nice to her.

"Yeah. But you know," Allison knew that she was referring to Ben. "If you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm here." River smiled. Allison was relieved that River wasn't annoyed at her like usual.

Ash dragged River in front of the Buckingham Palace. "Will you be my girl?" River felt wrong, hearing him say those words. She was used to Ben calling her his girl and no one else.

"I..." she doesn't know what to say so she did what she's best at, running away.