15 | Grace

Before we start, I just wanna quote this from the last chapter.

"A couple of minutes passed by suddenly River realized that Five was gone when Ben and her did it. She compromised her own self without even knowing it. You little bastard."

Now unless y'all didn't read this or didn't get it, IT MEANS THEY DIDNT FRICKIN HAD SEX AT A YOUNG AGE OKAY?!? ok look in the first season looking at the pictures, they were like teenagers and almost an adult when Ben went bye bye. BUT IN SEASON 2 IT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE HELLA YOUNG WHEN HE DIED!! so let's just pretend 18 because shit the story is flip flopping. Or honest just think they didn't do shit because TIMELINE IS FLIP FLOPPING ANYWAYS! NOTHINGS GONNA MATTER THEYRE GONNA DIE SOON

Like I swear i'm not crazy. Look at the family portraits. Ben was gone when they were already old enough like 18 shit ish. But in season two it made it look like he died young. FUCK ANYWAYS!! THEY DIDNT DO IT SOOO STOP

What was wrong with Luther. That question has not been running in her mind as they watch the tape. Before he blamed one of us for father's death now mom. River couldn't believe his accusations. Surely their mom couldn't have done it right?

The monocle was now the sibling's problem.

All of the siblings was now watching their father die before their eyes. "I mean, do you really think mom would hurt dad?" River walk over towards the barstool and sat on it. "You haven't been home in a long time Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore."

"Never have you moon boy," River rolled her eyes and reached over the table to grab whiskey. "If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report." When did Diego get so smart?

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Diego looked at him in disbelief. "Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision," River burst out giggling. Maybe drinking too much is a bad idea haha...

Diego walked towards the old TV and had paused the video. Diego explained what Grace had been doing while River already knew that their mom wouldn't be capable to do such thing.

River twisted in her seat to face her siblings as she leaned against the table. Then she put the whiskey bottle close to her mouth and downed it.

Either she was getting a headache from the alcohol or her siblings just has that affect on her. Now River was watching them argue again just like good old times. She smiled. This was very nostalgic to her. She wasn't sure if she misses it or if she was finally going insane.

River watches in amused as Diego pointed his knife at Luther whose clearly about to lose his shit. "Look. I know dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, designed to be a caretaker, but also as a protector."

"Wasn't that the whole point though? I thought everyone knew..." River mumbled to herself giggling. "Klaus she's going to get wasted if she keeps drinking!" Klaus looked at River and waved his hand at his brother. "Let her be."

Ben gave a disapproving look before trying to shove the bottle away from her hands. "Then if her hardware is degrading then we need to turn her off."

River started chocking on her drink and placed it down. "Wow. You really like to be the bad guy huh. Bad monkey." River stood up from her seat and stood next to Vanya.

"She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet! She feels things, I've seen it!" River nodded agreeing with Diego. "She just stood there and watched our father die." Maybe because someone hacked into her main system and changed it idiots.

"I'm with Luther," Allison twirled her drink. "Of course you are," Luther stared at River in disbelief. River only shrugged in response. Now they have turned their attention on Vanya. "I- I don't," it was clear that she didn't wanted to be added onto this whole mess.

"Yeah, she shouldn't her a vote." Klaus placed chips in his mouth watching from the sidelines. "Hey shut up and listen to her dimwit," Vanya smiled at her sister. "I was gonna say that I agree with you." River gave him an 'I told you so' face for underestimating Vanya. "Okay she should get a vote."

"You River?" she rolled her eyes. "No shit i'm not going to let you guys just kill mom." Luther looked hurt as she takes Diego's side. "What about you stoner boy?" Then Klaus looks around surprised. "Oh so what? You need my help now? Oh, 'Get out of the van Klaus!' 'Well, Welcome back to the van'." River knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Ha... Luther kicked him out of the van" River clung onto Vanya for support as she started getting a little woozy. "I'm with Diego because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me."

River watched in amuse as Klaus started hissing at an empty space behind River. This would've clicked in her mind if she wasn't a little bit drunk. She could've known earlier that Ben was there with them.

Now everyone was leaving. This whole argument is dumb. Even if they try something with mom, River wasn't going to let that happen. She didn't care if it meant hurting one of her sibling.

River raced up to Ben's room and plopping on his bed. She wished it would still smell like Ben... But it's been a long time.

The alarm blasted in the mansion as everyone started running to fix their uniform. "How will the Umbrella Academy ever be one an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?!"

River peeked through from her door as she finished getting ready. "It's- It's stuck," Grace lowered herself down to fix Ben's stuck zipper. River chuckled from the side watching the cute sight in front of her. Then she waved goodbye to Grace before grabbing Ben's hand and running towards the other siblings.