13 | Waffles

River wasn't shocked to see Klaus with a huge wound on his head that was covered in glitter, as he got back home from wherever Five took him. "What happened now?" she looked around to see if Five was home.

"Oh, I smashed a snow globe against my head," he sounded excited to tell me what he had done. "Klaus. I'm sorry but that's not normal," she shook her head before making him sit down. She disappeared to grab the first aid kit.

"I don't care if you still want waffles," River furrowed her eyebrows. She looked around as she entered the room with the kit in hand. She was now more confuse. "Who wants waffles?"

Klaus jumped, getting startled. He placed his hand on his chest. "You're so dramatic," she turned his face to face her before cleaning the wound. "Oh nothing. Just Ben in his natural habitat," with that, River didn't say anything.

She knew he loved waffles. Especially the ones she would make only for him whenever she has the opportunity to. I want to see him too.

River wasn't sure if this was the drugs taking effect on Klaus, or that he could actually see Ben again. They stayed silent while she finished what she was doing.

"So. Who was that British dude earlier?" she groaned remembering their encounter. It then just occurred to her that if Klaus could actually see Ben, then he saw Ash too.

"A friend," Klaus smirked wiggling his eyebrow. River scrunched her face in disgust. "Ew no. I don't like him," relieve came washing over Ben's face.

"Yeah but there's clearly something going on between you too!" Klaus wanted to annoy Ben, and it was working. "He asked me to be his girlfriend but-" Klaus gasped loudly.

"Ben's not going to like that," her face turned red as she smiled. "Don't worry, I runway when he asked me," both River and Klaus now began laughing their asses off.

"If I was alive, I would've punch that guy straight in the face," Klaus giggled looking at Ben, who was pacing around the room. "River would probably have to save your ass," this caught her attention as she turned around to where Klaus was staring.

They both then separated ways. River made her way out the academy, headed to one place she loved as a kid. Griddy's Doughnut.

She breaths in the air as she entered the doughnut place. She sat on one of the stool as she waiting for the server. "What can I get for you?" River smiled hearing the familiar voice.

"Hey Agnes!" she sounded excited causing the old woman to get confuse. Agnes couldn't remember a time where she had met this woman in front of her. "Do we know each other?" Agnes chuckled politely.

"It's me River!" River now had a big smile on her face. She was happy to see Agnes still there. But was also sad that she was stuck in this shop for what seems like forever.

 But was also sad that she was stuck in this shop for what seems like forever

"River? Oh darling it is you," Agnes wasn't sure at first. But the familiar smile that Agnes knew, confirmed that it was her. "Where have you been? i'm guessing the usual?" she eagerly nodded.

"I moved to London," Agnes wrote down her usual order. Chocolate milk and chocolate frosted doughnut. She looked up from her note pad smiling, as she headed to get her order. "Where's that lovely young man that's usually with you?"

Silence filled the room. Agnes knew something was up. She got River's order and placed it in front of her. "He- he passed away," River stuttered. I sound like Diego. Agnes gave a sad smile.

River took a bite of her doughnut. "Your doughnuts are the best," she moaned, as she took another bite. "I'm glad you still like it." Agnes was relieved that she still love her doughnuts even though she moved to London, which probably has a lot of doughnut shop.

River hummed as she push the entrance of the academy. Agnes and River caught up with what's going on with their lives and talked about when she was young. It was nice to relive that part of her childhood memory.

"There's nothing any of you can do," she looked up to where the voice was coming from. She could see Five holding Luther's wrist which was odd since Luther was stronger.

Five bent down to reach the eye that was held by someone. He took it off the hand before wiping the blood. He slowly looked at the dead corpse in front of him. There laid his dead brother Luther.

He stood up and ran towards the other dead bodies. He shook Diego, not accepting the fact that they were dead. It was clear that Five was afraid. He looked around even more, seeing Allison close to Diego.

He ran towards the last two bodies. River was next to Klaus. "No..." Five mumbled over and over again as he tried to push rocks off of her corpse.

When he did, he was taken aback. Five was now looking at her hands. It was black. He held her hand, she had claws. Her hands wasn't like this when he had left.

He turned to Klaus and saw the tattoo. He looked around again trying to find his other brother. Nothing. He couldn't find anyone else.