03: "what's wrong?" (pt. 1)

[requested]

[requested]

| y/n's pov |

"You're cheating!!", I glared at Taehyun who was trying to peek at my cards. We're in the classroom playing uno since it's snack time. But this guy beside me doesn't know how to play fair.

"I'm not! I'm playing fair and square", he laughed and I just rolled my eyes at him.

I only had one card left, it's his turn. I anticipated his every move, wishing he would put down a card with the same color or number as mine. And when he put down his card...

"NO!!", I groaned and plopped down on my chair as I glared at him. He put down a reverse card, meaning, it's his turn again, and then put down his last card.

He won FIVE TIMES already!

"Why do you have to be so good at this?!", I huffed and crossed my arms.

"I can't help it, I'm good at everything", I sighed.

I never win against him in any game!!

"Here's your banana milk", I felt something hit my head lightly. I looked up to see Beomgyu handing me the banana milk I asked him to get for me.

"Thanks gyu!", I smiled at him and grabbed the banana milk from his hand. He then sat on his seat on my right and took his textbook out from his bag. I pouted at this.

"You wanna play uno?", I asked him, he just smiled at me slightly and shook his head.

I stared at him for a while and turned to Taehyun again. Beomgyu seemed to be in a bad mood which made me sad.

"Let's play again? I'm gonna beat you this time", I smirked, my competitive side kicking in.

Taehyun gave me an amused smile. "Let's play later, deal with that kid right there first", He gave me a weird smile.

"Huh?", I got confused. He pointed behind me, I looked behind me, Beomgyu really looked like he's in a foul mood. I looked at Taehyun and he just smiled at me and shrugged. "Go on", he whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows, I don't understand what this weirdo is trying to say. But I just turned to Beomgyu still confused.

"Hey", I tapped his shoulder. He looked at me raising his eyebrows. "Hm?", he hummed.

"You good?", I asked. He just nodded and smiled. Yeah, something's up with him.

I turned to Taehyun and gave him a questioning look. 'What?', he mouthed. I rolled my eyes. "What's with Beomgyu?", I whispered. He sighed.

And then what he did caught me off guard.
"Hey y/n", he said out loud and stood up. Some of our classmates looked at us and then went back to what they were doing. They were used to us being loud so they didn't care even if we shout at the top of our lungs.

I raised my eyebrows at Taehyun. I know that look on his face, he's planning something, but I don't know what. "Can we go somewhere private? I want to tell you something", he asked and acted all shy. The heck is this kid doing?

I caught him looking behind me so I looked at where he was looking and saw Beomgyu glaring at Taehyun. What's happening?

"Let's go, Y/n", Taehyun grabbed my arm but then another hand stopped Taehyun from pulling me.

I looked up to see that it was Beomgyu, he was glaring at Taehyun. Taehyun just shrugged and smiled. I was just standing there confused. Beomgyu then looked at me and he had this worried look on his face. My brows furrowed.

I got startled when Beomgyu suddenly pulled me out of the classroom. He stopped when we were at the garden. He let go of my arm and put his hands in his pocket and stared at me. He looked nervous.

We just stood there for I don't know how long.

"Beomgyu?", he looked at me and sighed. He composed himself.

"What's wrong?", I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. I really don't understand anything.

He took a deep breath and looked at the ground.

"You see...", he looked back at me, his eyes telling me something.

"I like you...that's what's wrong", he said. I stood there shocked, my heart beating fast.

<><><>

a/n: hope you like this one! how are y'all doing in quarantine?

stay home and stay safe!!