19: scars (pt. 2)

[requested]

| y/n's pov |

I faced Beomgyu's bedroom door as I lightly knocked on it. After the 'fight' earlier, he went straight to his room without saying a word. I understood that he needed to be alone so I didn't bother him. I know that I'm annoying for snooping into his business, but I just can't bare seeing him suffer by keeping all his problems to himself.

A person can't always deal with their problems alone, sometimes, people need someone who can help them heal, and I hope to be that person for Beomgyu. Because if it will not be me, then who?

I was brought back from my thoughts when Beomgyu's door opened. I held in my breath as I try to calm my heart that's beating so fast.

Ah, of course. I like him.

"What...do you need?" My eyes slightly widened when I heard him speak. I expected for him to ignore me. I exhaled carefully as I checked the small bruises on his face, those are nothing compared to the ones in his heart, though.

"L-let's go to the clinic and get those treated" I said, referring to the bruises on his face.

He spaced out for a while, probably thinking if he should go or not, before looking at me with a sigh escaping from his lips.

"O...kay" He answered softly before walking pass me, leading the way to the clinic. Pursing my lips, I quietly followed him behind.

I just stayed quiet the whole time until we reached the clinic. The nurse in the front desk looked up when she heard us come in.

"Can you please treat him?" I gave the nurse a small smile. She checked Beomgyu's face before telling him to follow her on one of the beds to treat him. I didn't know where to stay so I just followed them and sat on the bed beside the one where Beomgyu is.

"I'll just get the medical kit." The nurse said before leaving. I fidgeted with my bracelet, trying to entertain myself because of the awkward silence.

"You like me?"

I flinched a bit, startled by his voice. I bit my lip as I recalled what I told him earlier.

"I care for you, stop getting yourself hurt because it pains me to see you hurting. I can't stand seeing the person I like in pain..."

I cringed as I remembered what I said. Why the hell did I say that, anyway?

This is so embarrassing.

"What do you mean?" Maybe I can pretend I didn't say that? And that he just heard it wrong?

"I know I heard it right. Don't pretend you didn't confess your feelings a while ago." He rolled his eyes.

Ugh. He was having a breakdown a while ago! How could he remember that?!

Why isn't the nurse back, by the way? She only needs the medical kit, it's not like she's going to perform a surgery! smh.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Well...um, yeah...I like you..? Why are you asking..?" I tried to look at him but I can't, so I just looked down on the floor, like a coward.

"Why?" I looked at him, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He pursed his lips, figuring out that I didn't understand what he meant.

"Why do you like me?" I looked away, not knowing what to say. I'm not sure how I'll explain it to him, do I say I liked him at first sight? But that sounds dumb and cringey, I'll just embarrass myself again. But it's kind of true..?

I was captivated by his smile and laughter, and since then that small crush grew to something more...deeper. I don't know how it happened when I barely even know him, plus, we never talked. Is it possible to love someone from a far? Or is this just an infatuation?

"I...honestly don't know..." I answered, looking at him. He was about to say something when the nurse suddenly came back.

She finally came back! Did she climb mountains and swim oceans to get the freaking medical kit?

After Beomgyu got treated, we walked back to the dorm in silence. When we arrived, I went straight to my room without saying a word to him. I just hope he'll forget about the confession. And, knowing Beomgyu, he won't care about it that much, he might've even forgotten about it already.

But I thought wrong.

I went out of my room to drink some water when I saw Beomgyu in the kitchen.

"We didn't get to finish our conversation earlier." Beomgyu rested his chin on his palm, slowly forming a smirk on his lips.

Oh, I was glad we didn't continue the conversation earlier, but here we are.

"Forget about it, it doesn't even matter." I said, trying my best to look at him without melting on the floor.

"It matters." My eyes widened a little. What does he mean?

"Why..?" I was taken a back when his expression suddenly turned serious.

"Because you shouldn't like someone like me." He leaned on the chair he was sitting on, crossing his arms. I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"Look, Y/n..." My heart started beating rapidly when I heard him say my name. I didn't expect him to remember my name, I thought he didn't care even a little bit.

"Forget your feelings for me, you'll only get hurt." He looked down on the counter. I felt a pain in my chest. I knew he didn't like me and I didn't even hope for him to like me back because I knew there wasn't a chance. I knew he would never return my feelings for him, it hurts me a lot, and his indirect rejection just made me feel worse.

"Sure. Just...please...let me be here for you, that's all I'm going to ask for." I said as a tear escaped from my eyes.

| a/n |

Hi I'm back, sorry for not updating for a long time, I didn't feel like writing. I started writing this part about two days ago? I kept having a writer's block and I just had a hard time writing...ideas weren't popping in my head and it's really frustrating. But hey, i finished this part, yay!

I'm sorry if this one sucks, if this disappointed you, I'm really really sorry. I'm thinking of making a part 3, If you want a part 3 or something, you can comment it here.

Also, OMG THANK YOU FOR 9K READS?!?! I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT AND I DON'T REALLY DESERVE IT BECAUSE I SUCK BUT THANK YOU AAAAAA

:D