09: be you

[requested]

| y/n's pov |

I sighed as I stared at the pile of clothes on my bed. I tried to find something decent to wear but I couldn't find any. I'm going to meet my boyfriend's parents tonight so I need to look nice.

Usually, girls would wear a nice dress and doll up when they meet their boyfriend's parents, but the thing is, I don't wear dresses! I'm that typical 'not-like-any-other-girl' girl. My go-to outfit is jeans paired with either a hoodie or a simple shirt and then sneakers. My fashion style is so simple and boring, I don't even know how Beomgyu fell in love with me, there's nothing really special with me.

"Y/n?" Beomgyu entered my room. He was wearing a dark blue v-neck sweater over a white dress shirt, paired with black jeans and white sneakers. He looked so good in his casual outfit that I immediately ran up to him and hugged him.

Like dude, is he really my boyfriend? It made me wonder if I saved the whole world in my past life that I was given an angel of a boyfriend in my present life?

"Hey." I gave him a kiss on the cheek before letting go of him to continue my search for an outfit I could wear. Beomgyu followed behind me and looked at the clothes scattered on my bed. His brows furrowed.

"What's with this mess? Are you going to sell these or something?" He picked up a shirt and looked at me with confusion. I rolled my eyes.

"No. I'm just having a hard time looking for something to wear for tonight. You know my fashion sense is terrible, right?" I sighed as I try to choose from the clothes scattered on the bed. He put down the shirt he was holding and went in front of me and held my chin, making me look at him.

"Y/n. Just pick an outfit. You don't have to wear anything fancy or anything. It's just my parents." He gave me a sweet smile. I sighed.

"Beomgyu. They're your parents, they're the one who freaking raised you since you came out of the womb of your mother, I need to look decent at least to make them like me. I can't just show up in sweatpants and a hoodie, you know? What if they won't like me? They'll separate us like they do in movies—" He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Baby, my parents aren't like that, okay? Just wear what you usually wear. You don't have to wear a dress and curl your hair and all that barbie stuff. My parents will love you. Just be you. Don't try to impress them by following the stereotypes that movies and dramas show you. They won't focus on your appearance. What's important is that you love me, and I love you." He gave me a soft kiss and picked up a set of clothes from my closet.

I smiled at what he said. It made me feel better. He always knows what to say, I'm really lucky to find a guy like him.

"Here. Wear this." He handed my clothes to me. My eyes widened at the clothes he chose for me. It was a plain dark blue v-neck shirt and skinny jeans.

"Really? Shirt and jeans? You really want your parents to hate me?" I frowned.

He chuckled and pulled me up from the bed. "Y/n, dress the way you do, okay? Just go and get ready." He kissed my forehead and went out of the room.

I showered and wore the clothes he told me to wear. I tucked the front of the shirt to add some style and wore a white flat shoes. I tied my long black hair in a ponytail like I usually do and went down to the living room where Beomgyu was waiting.

Beomgyu was sitting on the couch while scrolling through his phone. He looked up to look at me when he heard me going down the stairs. A smile formed on his lips when he saw me.

He stood up and went to me, the smile not leaving his face.

"See? You look beautiful in your own way. Let's go." He held my hand and pulled me outside the house and went inside his car.

We arrived at his parent's house quickly, their house wasn't that far from mine. My heartbeat fasten in nervousness but I calmed down when Beomgyu held my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Good evening, sir, ma'am." A maid opened the door for us, I bowed to the maid. Beomgyu pulled me to their dining room where his parents were.

"Beomgyu, honey!" His mother stood up from her seat and immediately went to Beomgyu and gave him a hug. Her gaze then landed on mine, I smiled nervously and gave her a small bow.

"Oh! You're Y/n? My, Beomgyu, you sure know how to pick a girlfriend! She's beautiful. Anyways, let's come and eat!" We sat on the dining table.

His father didn't speak until we finished eating. I sat properly when his father cleared his throat.

"So, y/n, right?" He spoke. I quickly nodded and gave him a small smile. I felt Beomgyu hold my hand under the table and squeezed it.

"You're nice. Although you should chill, you seem so nervous." He laughed. I was surprised at what he said.

"U-uhm, yes" I smiled awkwardly. I heard Beomgyu's mother laugh.

"Don't worry, honey. You don't have to be shy. Beomgyu already said a lot of things about you. I like you for my son. And from the stories he would tell me about you, I can tell you love each other so much, and that's enough for me to tell that you are good for my son." She gave me a sweet smile.

My eyes widened, I didn't really expect that she would say that. I turned to look at Beomgyu, he was already looking at me with a smile on his face.

"See? They like you." He chuckled and pinched my cheeks.

•~•

| a/n |

This imagine is kinda long HAHAHA. But yeah, I hope you guys like it. Thank you to the one who requested the plot for this one.

<3