Whirl. Spin. Halt. Repeat.

Fifteen-minute read

"A heart filled with grief, whirling and spinning endlessly can never feel at peace"   -Rumi

Annie's POV

She slurped at her strawberry milkshake and frowned. She'd specified extra cream. Yet there was no going back to Bottlework's now. She was stationed at a computer in an internet café.

A5 facility

The browser turned round and round before displaying what it had found.

Chief of Education inaugurates 12 new schools-2004

LinkedIn- Find out which profiles have 'A5 facility'

The Penillo Military Headquarters-
penillo.com.gov.

Create your own A5 cards!- creativenessblog.com

Samsung Galaxy A5 for sale- sellthings.com

She scrunched her brows in frustration at the screen as she opened all the top three sites one by one.

No answer whatsoever about any A5 facility. And what was Allison even doing there? Why play the codes and tricks?

"Hey, Sam"

Sam seemed to be looking at his computer in equal frustration, not getting any results.

"Where is she?"

"You didn't get a lead either?"

"These LinkedIn profiles, check them"

"It's just paper-sized office work, there could be millions of profiles"

"Half a million you, half a million me"

She smiled. "Sure"

Though she looked at the clock, it was 3pm. Allison's letter sat slightly crumpled between them, corners bent from the many times they'd read it.

Duha was checking camera footages in Sycamore Lane and the nearby bus stops. If she'd left, there had to be some vehicle they could spot.

She clicked on LinkedIn profiles and sifted through them, realising the truth that had been blaring in Allison's letter the entire time.

Annie Aar gulped as she looked at Sam. His eyes were mirroring hers.

"It's a military facility", they said together.

Annie's phone rang between them and she picked it up.

"Annie? I found a vehicle, you won't believe what I saw... I-"

"Duha, give me the license plate"

"Alrighty, ST-9074"

"Sam, search ST-9074"

Sam immediately went to his computer and began typing.

Annie put down the phone after a quick goodbye and more instructions to Duha, who seemed tired but happy to be shedding calories.

"ST-9074 is a black Mercedes that belongs to a rental company in San Tokisco"

"Then to the rental company we go."

*

Allison's POV

The next morning Allison was at the training centre before dawn. Mike came in a few minutes later, hair unshowered, probably due to his bandage.