The Great Escapade

"Go, Fly, Roam
Travel, Voyage, Explore
Journey, Discover, Adventure!"

- A Maiden's Dream

Allison's POV

Allison Grynn threw a punch to Michael Anderson's jaw. He fell to the ground with a loud thud, knocking around everything. A water bottle rolled and came to rest by the right wall.

Shouts erupted from behind her as Sam tried to hold her back, failing like an Oscar award winner. She kicked and thrashed till the guards came to the cell.

"You girl! Quite down!", Ordered one of them, the harsh tone slicing through the air.

"He lied to me! He fudging lied!", She shouted, her nails poised to attack.

Mike backed to the door and hit against the bars, then looked at the guards apologetically.

Annie and Duha came to stand between the two of them.

Sam failed to contain her again and the right hook left blood seeping out of Mike's nose.

"I will kill you." Shouted Allison.

The guards looked uncomfortably at each other. One of them shouted "Halt! No funny moves, we take him out."

He unlocked the cell door as the other one pointed a black gun at them. He seemed old enough to be able to aim true to any of their points.

The door opened with a clang and the guard grabbed Mike by the shoulder and pulled him out. Blood flowed down his face.

Allison struggled against Sam's arms, but to no avail. The cell door was shut but before the guard could lock it, Mike walked backwards till he hit the guard with the gun.

In their shock, the guards lost their balance and Allison hit them with the open cell door as Mike wrenched out the gun from the guard's hands.

The five of them carried the guards to the monitoring office and tied them. One of them was out of it completely while the other sat upright and fierce.

Duha programmed her way through the computers to the server computer and sat down to do her work. The commotion in the cells unit had alerted the security officers overseeing the various cameras and guards outside.

The five of them rushed in and locked the office door behind them. Not soon after, loud banging ensued from the other side.

"How long will this take, Duha?", Shouted Allison over the din as she backed away from the door.

"I don't know, this is the first time I'm doing this!" She shouted back.

Mike stood guard over the guards. Sam was busy packing up the few belongings in the office. Annie locked up the locks on the windows.

And she stood by the door, baton at the ready. The door gave a bellow of soul shattering knocks and kicks.

"Duha hurry up!", Shouted Allison over the noise.

The familiar blue Facebook screen had opened up on the computer with long lines of black letters racing through the message boxes.

"Just a few minutes." Muttered Duha, concentrating on the screen.

Allison looked around the room, she needed something else. A single baton wouldn't keep twenty or so guards at bay... She needed something else.

She took a few backward steps. Mike was not moving his head from the guards eyes. The guard, tied up, looked back defiantly.

Allison pulled apart drawers of the two office desks. Phone chargers, empty gum wrappers, a camera, old work schedules and chalk came out.

There was nothing she could work with, nothing at all. She gripped her baton tighter and went back to the door.

Sam held a backpack in his hands, filled with things that might be useful.

Annie came back to her.

"I won't be able to hold them for long when they break the door" said Allison, shouting.

She could feel Annie's brain ticking as she stared at the things in the drawers. Then she took out a piece of chalk and stepped on it. She scooped it up and put it on the desk. Annie proceeded to do this to the entire box of chalk.

The door gave a shudder as someone barreled into it. Sam pushed it back, and Allison pressed her weight into it.

Annie finished with the box and took out a pin from her dress and started pulling apart at the camera. 

Allison trusted Annie, but this seemed insane enough that she asked,"What are you doing?"

"Quiet.", Hissed Annie.

There was a sudden silence as the guards outside stopped banging at the door and began talking to someone who'd come to the cells.

Duha finished disabling every camera and connection to the radio tower along with sending a group message to each of their parents about their situations and flexed her fingers before she switched off the computer.

"Is switching off really necessary?" Asked Allison, still shouldering the door.

"It's computer etiquette.", Replied Duha calmly, coiling the mouse's wire and adjusting the keyboard before she slid it into the table.

Annie had finished with the camera and was fiddling with a phone charger.

"Care to tell what she's doing?" Asked Duha, raising her eyebrows at the crushed chalk.

Annie smiled and gave the now mangled camera to Duha.

"This is a Taser now." She said, pressing the button that gave a faint whizz of electricity.

Then she picked up a baton and handed it over to Sam. Annie coiled the charger around her hand and scooped the chalk into her hands.

"Mike you have to come at the rear, Allison open the door.", She commanded.

"What?!" Asked Allison. But Sam walked away from the door. Annie walked, her red dress shifting and hissing over the floor.

Allison opened the door wide and moved to the side, quick as a lizard Annie raised her hand and threw the powdered chalk at the guards.

There were shouts of pain and confusion from them, some rubbed their eyes while others blinked dazedly.

They ran through the commotion of running and blinded men, out the door to the hallways. Annie threw her scarf over a wall as they ran for the third time to the radio tower and passed under it.

Mike made a beeline to a blue passenger plane and sat at the helm. They rushed after him, tossing around their things

"This is Black Mouse reporting for an emergency take off."

They crossed their fingers, Allison prayed that the skies would be clear.

"Proceed."

The plane taxied before it took off with a shudder, Allison looked as the world became smaller and smaller below them till it stilled into a green carpet of occasional clouds.

Mike swiftly steered the plane not towards the green foothills to the West or the waking city in the East but towards the North.

The small plane would fly over the Penillo range into the faerie lands of Rablen.

As she sat nervously on a seat, looking over the rising sun, she repeated everything she had learnt at A5.