Chapter 13

She entered the club, late because she had fallen asleep and had woken up when San called from the front of the club that had almost become a usual for them now.

"I'll be there in an hour I suppose." She replied, groggily sitting up in her bed.

"Make it half an hour." He replied.

"I'll try."

In the end, she managed to reach after a whole hour only. She would have made it before had she not taken ages to look around n her home. It was strange for her to call it that and not apartment.

She had gotten out of the bed the second the call ended but had stopped to look around in her room. It was way more.. What was the word, personal? Personal now. There were two pictures framed and hanged on her walls, one of all of them on her couch taken by a timer set and it was purely chaotic. San and she were sitting on the couch with Wooyoung, Yunho and Mingi sitting on the floor in front of them, Yeosang was lying in front of them. Seonghwa and Jongho were reaching out to a falling Hongjoong who had gone to set the timer and had gotten his feet tangled while coming back. Everyone had either a laughing or in horror expression on their face. She smiled softly at that picture.

The other one was a decent one of them, clicked by a stranger in front of a Chinese restaurant they visit often.

Her smile fell when she thought about what happened. A part of her was feeling guilty but the other part was upset with how he had reacted outside the lecture hall. Yes, logically it made sense, but logic was not the thing she wanted to think about right now.

She dressed up in a pair of black skinny jeans and a red top and went to put on makeup. She reached for her makeup but stopped, Mrs. Park's word ringing in her head. She had substantially decreased wearing her makeup and today she chose to not put on any eye shadow at all, just eyeliner and blood-red lipstick.

She went to her closet to pick a bag and looked at the shirt hanging in her closet. Seonghwa's shirt. Her heart dropped to her stomach and she felt nauseatic.

It hadn't even been a day, hell it had been less than 6 hours since he had been cold and aloof towards her and it already was feeling too much to her.

"I have to talk to him tonight." She said to herself. "I'll tell him the truth, apologize for what I did and even beg him if I have to for him to take me back." She said and nodded to herself, determined to win him back.

While driving she kept on thinking about him how cold he sounded. He was obviously hurt by what she did especially after what Hyejung had done to him. How was she better than her? There had to be something from his side too with the way he reacted to this.

She decided that she'll convince him to the best she can, and she'll make him listen, she'll make him understand. She'll apologize as much as he would like to and wait from him if he needs time but she won't let him go. And she most certainly won't do anything like that to sabotage his relationship again, well whatever was left of it now.

At the red light she messaged San 'is he there too?'

'He is.' He didn't ask for whom she was talking about, he knew. That was why he was the closest to her.

'Apologize to him Soojung.' He messaged her again.

'I plan to do that. And a lot more.' She replied back and as the light turned green, she sped down towards the club.

He saw her before he heard her and it was so hard not to smile at her. It was almost like his body reacted by itself when he sees her, he had to constantly remind himself about what she did earlier that day to not smile.

And then there was what Hyejung had said. It wasn't like he believed what she said but she had dropped him a message during the lecture, 'maybe you're just a trophy for her. One among the others she had slept with. You are one of the most popular guys who she had not slept with. And she isn't used to not getting what she wants.'

He didn't believe her but she was making sense.

Soojung came towards their table, led by the owner himself today who was looking at her like she put the stars in the sky. He felt disgusted somehow. And she wasn't denying him or anything. Instead, she was flirting with him.

"It's her nature. She's always flirty but you know what she's really like." San whispered to him before getting up and getting between them to drag Soojung away from him.

She said her greetings to everyone and came sat beside him.

"Hey Hwa." She said with a smile. He merely nodded at her and focused on his drink in hand.

It had been two hours since they had been here, one hour for her. And she had been trying to make Seonghwa talk to her or come talk with her alone but he has been ignoring her. She didn't want to apologize to him in this loud club but she was debating it now.

But she was flirting with him like usual. At least she was trying to. It was pretty one-sided for now.

He saw the brief flash of hurt in her eyes but it was gone as soon as it came.

"You wound me Hwa. I thought we had something special going on. Guess not." She smiled sadly and stood up.

He thought back to the past two-three weeks she had done everything she could to cheer him up about his breakup and they had even spent so much of time together that San had been calling it bestfriend-stealing. He knew she was a different person then what she portrays her as. He knew there was more to her, and he was even getting to know her. He knew they were getting closer and something was growing between them. Hell, he had even accepted it to himself now. And he saw how much effort she was making today, she looked desperate even to talk to him alone. Yet he chose to ignore her and not listen to her. And then he said what he did.

She was trying to flirt with him but he wasn't responding and it was starting to sound pathetic now. When he saw she was about to try again, he spoke, "no matter how much you try to woo me Soojung, I'm not gonna sleep with you."

And it could all have passed off as joking around had he laughed afterwards like she forced some chuckles out. But he did not. He made it clear that he was serious and somehow all she did for him meant nothing.

"You think this was all because I wanted to sleep with you?" she asked, her voice trembled a bit.

He didn't give her any response.

So when she stood up and sat next to San on the far end and whispered something to him, he simply watched.

When San sent a questioning look his way, he simply looked the other side.

When she ordered and drank 5 vodka shots one by one and ordered them again and San looked at her concerned, he again looked away.

When she went to the dance floor, slightly swaying, and made out with guys that were not him, he simply followed her with his eyes and hated that not even once did she looked at him.

Her phone rang on the table they were sitting around and San looked at it. He saw it too, it said "BOSS". San swiftly got up and went to her and gave her the phone. She gave him a tipsy smile and went outside the club to the back alley to take the call. He wanted to follow her, wanted to make sure she was okay. Wanted to hold her as she sways sideways, drunk off her senses.

Minutes later she came back to their table and dropped her phone on the table and pulled San to dance with her.

When she danced with him, whispered to him while dancing, he sat there, thinking that maybe he himself made all this happen. If only had he at least listened to her. Maybe he should have.

When San pulled her close and tucked her head below his neck, he wished he hadn't messed up and actually talked it out with her rather than being cold about it and had given her an opportunity to speak, maybe she wanted to apologize, and maybe, just maybe, it could have been him in place of San.

So when finally she pulled him down and kissed him hard, he felt all the food and alcohol coming back up to his mouth and he stood up and left.

It was the last straw.