Chapter 14

It had been three days since she kissed san and he left the club. It had also been three days since he last saw any of them. Both of them had not come to lectures since.

In the evening he found himself standing at the stairs between her floor and the one below, willing himself to go up and talk to her.

Suddenly he heard a door opening and talking on the phone, "Yes I did. Would you chill now? Yeah I'll be back by tonight and lets grab dinner okay and-" He turned back to see Seonghwa and went silent. "I'll call you in a minute Soojung." San spoke shortly, eyes still locked with Seonghwa.

They stared at each other for a few seconds until San sighed and spoke, "Seonghwa, you're both my friends so I'm not gonna get involved in this. But I know something happened between you two, and that something was not good obviously, but I want you to know I'm rooting for you. There's still a chance Seonghwa." After this San patted his shoulder and went towards the stair.

"Wait, where is she right now?"

San turned to gave him a sympathetic expression. "She told me not to tell you Hwa."

Seonghwa's face fell and head dropped.

"But... since she asked for your hoodie to wear.."

His head perked up. "What?!" he spluttered out.

San was full on smirking now. "Yeah. I was here to pick some clothes for her and she specifically said 'his grey hoodie'. So you still gotta have hope."

"You don't think she asked for it to burn or something?"

San rolled his eyes at him. "Then why would she leave the other hoodie and shirt here? Don't be silly now. So as I was saying, since she asked for that, I'm going to assume that she misses you and tell you to arrange a tux because we're going to a wedding."

Seonghwa's heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. "a- a wedding?"

"Yaah! Her brother's you absolute prick."

Seonghwa let out a breath in relief and chuckled afterwards.

"Right"

"See Seonghwa, get your mind out of wherever it is and listen to me. You can't crash the wedding BUT your dad is probably a known associate to her dad. So check with him, he must have received the invite of wedding of a Kim Jaesung. Go there and get her!"

Seonghwa went and hugged him tight. "Thank you Sannie."

"Anytime hyung. And feel free to drop by anytime to get a tux. Ill design one especially for you so drop by to get it fitted for you." Seonghwa nodded at him and they both got downstairs to their cars.

Before getting in the car San called him out once again, "I'll pick you at 10 for the wedding hyung. I have to be there early." Seonghwa nodded at him and they both drove off their separate ways.

"I'm home." Seonghwa called as he entered home.

"Welcome home sweetie." Mrs. Park came out to greet him.

"Is dad home?" he asked her as soon as he saw his mum.

"Not yet, why? You seem in a hurry." She said going towards the kitchen, him following behind.

"Do we have a wedding invitation to an upcoming marriage?"

"Umm..Someone from the Kim Corporations I think. The eldest son? Why?"

He sighed. So he was invited, he thanked god. "Are we going?"

She nodded in refusal. "There's an important business meeting of your dad that day. So we'll probably send some gifts and our regards."

"Can I go instead?"

She turned back from what she was doing to stare at his son. He was interested in business stuff, yes. But he never showed his interest in the social gatherings part of the business. He had even tried to get out of the parties hosted by his dad himself. So this was new.

"I need an explanation first, then I'll consider."

"Uhh.. I just think I should make my own connections as well." He spoke, not looking her in the eyes.

She huffed. "No until you give me the right reason."

He groaned. "Mooom! I have to win this girl over and that's my only chance to see her since she's avoiding me. Are you happy now?"

She laughed at that. She had never seen her son this flustered that even the tips of his ears were turning red.

"Is it Soojung?" she softly spoke after which he groaned again and covered his face with his hands. "Please just let me go."

She chuckled and nodded. "Fine. I'll talk to your dad and he'll probably say yes and be really happy. Prepare to go and I'll arrange the gifts and all."

He nodded, finally out of his embarrassment. He was about to leave the kitchen when he turned back and looked at her and said, "Mum don't tell him about Soojung."

By the sound of the evil chuckled that escaped his mother's mouth, he knew he is going to face his dad sooner or later about this mysterious girl he was even ready to attend a social event too.

It was going to be painful and he's going to be teased a lot too, but it was all worth it because it was all for her.