Chapter 17

She stood by the bar, drinking champagne after champagne because apparently no other liquor was being served in this party. She looked at the dais where her brother's best man was giving his speech and was happy she denied it. Because currently, she was not in a state to talk, that too in front of so many people.

She got down the stool of the bar and felt the world spinning a bit which suddenly stopped because of a strong chest her face was pressed into and strong grip on her arms, holding her close. She sighed in relief.

"This better be because you recognized me and not because of someone merely holding you." She heard from above her head and she looked up and giggled at Baekhyun, "Obviously I recognized you. I've known you for soooo looongg"

The way she stretched her words made it clear for him that she was drunk and he knew it was time to get her out of here before she creates a ruckus and have to face the wrath of her dad. He knew her well enough to know how much she would like to avoid it.

Lucky for him, it was rather easy to convince her to get out of there then he imagined. "Let's get out of here" he whispered in her ear and he saw the change in her eyes, saw her pupils dilate and saw how her tongue sneaked out to lick her lips slightly when she nodded.

He gulped and placed his hand on her back and guided her towards the lobby. It was a perk of the wedding being hosted at one of the best hotels of Seoul.

Seonghwa saw how she was drinking glass after glass at the bar during the speech of the best man. But before he could get there to hold her when she got out of the seat, that man got to her before. He saw how he pulled her close as soon as he got to her and he felt it was wise to leave since he wasn't in the most sober state himself. But he knew if he stayed longer, he'll just ruin his father's name by getting involved in a fist fight.

He stood up, a bit lightheaded and nodded to San who was looking at him with concern. "I'm leaving" he said and turned to leave with San following behind.

"I drove you here, how will you go?" he asked.

Seonghwa shrugged. "I'll take a cab."

"Let me help you get in one and then I'll leave. " San said and they went to the lobby. Apparently they had a taxi facility, seeing how big that hotel was, and they were asked to wait for 5 minutes in the lobby only.

"Hi, I would like to book a room for the night."

San felt the boy beside him tense up and he himself recognized the voice.

"Your name sir?"

"Byun Baekhyun."

They both turned around to look at a drunk Soojung clinging to Baekhyun and it was apparent they were gonna spend the night there.

Seonghwa's name was called for the taxi and he stood up, still rigid.

He walked and crossed her and left without turning back and looking at her when he heard her whisper his name. She chose Baekhyun and not him. She had no right to call for him now.

San witnessed all of it and sighed. He wondered if anything would even work out between them now. He was hoping for it to but it seemed so unlikely now.