108 | half alive

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha had her eyes closed, trying to maintain calm

    Samantha had her eyes closed, trying to maintain calm. Her foot was tapping against the dark, crystalline tiles of the Ministery. She had her hands clenched against her purse, tightly. The dark bags under her eyes were noticeable from the distance, them being the only color adorning her pale, sickly face.

    The past few days had been the most stressful and hardest of her life. From having death threats in letters send to her, to listening to the judgment of her relatives about her "poor" choices. Her appetite had been away, even her sleep necessity. Samantha was slowly fading, even though a part of herself was already dead.

She had tried to tell and convinced everyone she could that Sirius was innocent. He would've never sided with death eaters, let alone tell them where the Potter's were hiding; but no one believed her. Due to him being a Black, one of the most notorious families who workshipped the dark arts, they all came to the conclusion that he was the same.

After many letters, pleads and beggins, she had finally got an visit with the Minister of Magic, she wanted to try and get Sirius a trial. They had wrongfully prosecuted him without witnesses, proof and trial to see if he was innocent or not. They didn't even allow her to visit him, send him a letter or even a blanket. She was worried sick about him, knowing that he was all alone in a place he wasn't supposed to be in.

But Samantha knew the truth. And the truth was that he was innocent, she just needed them to believe her.

    ❝Samantha Castle❞

Samantha opened her eyes, releasing the breath she was holding. Her icy blue eyes set upon a young woman of red hair, brown eyes and a nervous smile. Her stomach turn, remembering her deceased best friend. She smiled at her nonetheless, that young woman was not the cause of her sadness or anger, so she tried to give her one of her kindness smiles.

    The young woman guided her through the corridors and many doors. Samantha of course knew her way, she work there after all, but she was given sick days to put herself together, like it was easy.

    They stopped in front of the shiniest door of them all, and the young woman knocked twice, waiting for a response. After receiving one, the door opened, and with a nod, Sam entered the office.

    The Minister was not alone, by his sides, a few more men stood; all looking at Samantha with pity and inferiority. The Castle girl wanted to slap some sense into their thick, empty skulls, but that would look bad on her part when she was trying to get her boyfriend out of prison.

❝Minister❞ Samantha gave him a nod. Her voice was raspy and weak, and she was well aware of her state, but she wasn't going to rest until justice was made.

❝Ms. Castle, please sit❞ he nodded at the sit in front of his desk, and she forcefully took it ❝tea?❞ he offered, a cup making its way to her, and she had no choice but to take it. She wasn't there to have tea, especially if it had veritaserum in it, but if they wanted to truth, she was going to give it to them, that and a few more words.