131 | now or never

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha passed a hand through her hair, staring at empty space in front of her

    Samantha passed a hand through her hair, staring at empty space in front of her. She could hear the voices and footsteps of all the people in the house, but after all those years, she wasn't used to the noise.

There was a call for everyone to get down for dinner, but she wasn't hungry. All that was in her mind was that everything was going to change, again, and there might be another war. Nothing broke her heart more than to imagine what could happen.

She sighed and stood up, existing the Sirius' room. She couldn't rest, not too much at least.

Samantha walked downstairs, hearing the muffle conversation happening in the kitchen. She passed her fingertips in the wall, feeling the smoothest. It wasn't until she reached the room that she stopped, and contemplated if she should go in. But she knew she had to, her feelings shouldn't have control of her all the time.

    When she entered, she saw most of the Weasleys, Tonks, Remus, Hermione, Harry and Sirius at the table, while Moody was in the corner. They were already eating, and having a serious conversation apparently.

     ❝But I don't understand, what does the Ministry have against me?❞ Harry asked, looking between the adults at the table.

She walked to the sit that she guessed it was for her, in between Harry and Sirius. She smiled at everyone and sat, looking down at her plate.

❝show him, he'll find out soon enough❞ Moody mumbled, nodding at the men. Remus gave Harry a newspaper and her godson put the paper in between them so she could read it too.

The title read "the boy who lies?"

Samantha frowned, reading all the stuff that had been published. Of course they would make up all that, she wasn't surprised.

❝They have been attacking Dumbledore as well❞ Sirius informes them, locking eyes with her ❝Fudge is using all his power and influence in the Daily Prophet, debunking all who believe the Dark Lord has returned❞

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, looking between the paper and his godfather ❝why?❞

❝the Minister thinks Dumbledore is after his job❞ Remus informed them, knowing well she didn't read the newspaper.

❝but that's insane, on one in their right mind would believe that Dumbledore—❞ Harry was interrupted by Remus, and she too how vocal he could be when he was mad, so she put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

    ❝exactly the point❞ Remus pointed at him, nodding ❝Fudge isn't in his right mind, he's been twisted and whipped by fear, now fear makes people do terrible things, Harry, the last time he had all his power we almost lost everything we hold dear❞ the three friends looked down, remembering the same people. Remus sighed, looking at Harry again ❝now that he's returned, I'm afraid the Minister would do almost anything to avoid facing the terrible truth❞