Chapter 4

Your first day working at the anteiku went pretty smooth. Your coffee was good and you didn't have to work for a very long time, well technically your work wasn't over, but instead of making coffee, it was your turn to teach Ken how to live as a ghoul.

You knocked on his door, he didn't answer, but you walked inside anyway.

"(Y/N) ! What are you doing here ?" he asked in a very surprising way.

"Well, Ken ... You are a ghoul and guess what, I'm a ghoul too and just like you, I only have one eye, the only difference is that I was born with it. I started working for Yoshimura as well now, just so that I can teach you a little bit more about us and maybe protect you or something like that, I mean we're still friends, after all, right ?" You answered while trying to look happy.

Ken agreed on you teaching him and you soon began telling him all the stuff that you do or at least did. You didn't tell him that you were a cannibal now, that would've been too much for him.

You also told him that he should never try to poison his prey since you know from your own experience how hard that can backfire. The lesson was honestly going quite well, he was a quick learner and submitted to the fact, that that is going to be his lifestyle now, it didn't matter if he wanted it or not. The only part where he seemed to have problems was when you came to the part of luring your prey to a safe place, like your own home or abandoned stuff, because that was exactly what happened to him, on the day that irreversibly changed his life forever.

You soon became bored of explaining, you finally wanted to fight in your new kakuja, which still didn't change in appearance, but after the last hunt, the armor became stronger and bigger, making you stand at 2,50 metres. You even had the option to put a coat of arms on it now, but for now, that spot should remain empty. 

"So Ken .. this is getting really boring. I know that Yomo is already teaching you how to get food and fight and this kind of stuff, but how about we do that too? I mean it wouldn't hurt you becoming a more experienced fighter .. " you proposed, visibly bored.

Ken agreed, but only if Yoshimura would allow it.

This obviously was a bummer for you, because the chance of that happening was rather low, but you decided to ask him anyway.

"Erm .. Yoshimura ?" you asked him, as he looked at you. "I would like to teach Ken how to defend himself. I know that Yomo is already doing that, but I think that I would make a better teacher in that subject."

Yoshimura looked at you, with his look of infinite judgment and eventually he finally answered:

"Indeed, I believe that you could teach him better, but before you do that, I would like to fight you myself. Just to make sure that you won't fall into any rage or anything like that. Owners of kakujas often do that and make mistakes that they will regret for the rest of their very long lives, which is why I need to make sure, that the same doesn't happen to you."

This made sense to you, so you agreed and now you were excited. Eto is extremely strong, so you really wanted to know how strong her father would have to be and if he would be a kakuja owner as well. It kind of sounded as if he was speaking from his own experiences, so what was the mistake that he made? Did it have something to do with your lover? You didn't know and you probably weren't going to find out either, but at least you would finally be able to fight again.

You waited for the sun to set and then the both of you drove to another abandoned tunnel system. When you arrived you got out of the car and walked a little bit further into the tunnel, probably to protect his beloved car. You then activated your quite tall kakuja. 

The only problem was, his was even bigger and he was way more experienced then you were and so you soon saw yourself being smacked into the wall behind you, but that wasn't going to stop you, your armor did not suffer any consequences, apart from some scratches by the rocks.