Update

Hey, so it's been quite a while. 

I don't really remember why I stopped writing, but I know that I wasn't feeling very well at that time, which is why I most likely simply lost motivation and kept looking for reassurance. However, I feel a lot better now - I have matured, gained confidence and through that motivation, which finally allowed me to start doing the things I love again. This change didn't happen all of the sudden, it happened over the course of one year, but to this day I still felt very anxious about continuing to write, I kept thinking that I asked for too much support, while not giving it back and as the number of readers grew and I kept getting emails from Wattpad telling me about the nice comments that people left under my story, who actually cared about my wellbeing, it made me feel kind of ashamed of myself, which is why I tried to ignore it as much as I could. 

I know that this update came way too late and most people who were initially interested in my story have probably long lost any interest not just in the story, but possibly even in the whole Tokyo Ghoul franchise, which is what my story is based on and, to be honest, I feel the same way. I can't continue this story, the whole "(Y/N)" concept, superpowers and whatnot are simply not appealing to me anymore, but I wouldn't write this update just to tell you that I'm quitting, because I'm not. 

I am going to continue this story right where it left off, however, it is not going to be the same. First of all, it's going to be an independent story, which means that anyone will be able to read and understand it, without having to read this one before, as it's going to focus less on Tokyo Ghoul, which I plan to completely remove to become more original. What will be brought over is the plot that I originally planned for "The Cold War in Tokyo", which is the story of the protagonist and his companion, which until now was Eto, to find his parents on a trip far away from Tokyo, instead, going on a journey throughout Russia, starting in the Siberian city of Vladivostok and continuing from there. The eating of Flesh and murder will obviously be an integral part as well. 

While I plan to change a lot of things, I do want to illustrate it in a way in which readers of this story simply have to change the names of the protagonist and his companion to feel like they are continuing to read the story like they hoped they would be able to, with them having the same personalities as (Y/N) and Eto. 

This is all that I have to say to the upcoming story, now some things that are going to change about me: 

When I was writing "The Cold War in Tokyo" I had lots of free time, unfortunately, I don't have that anymore and while I theoretically could pump out new chapters like I used to do, I'm not going to do it. Updates will be slower and that is because I want to focus on quality, this is something that I never did and too often did I wish that I would have written something differently, which is why I improvised most of the story while writing. 

I want my new story to have structure and integrity. Every chapter is supposed to have a meaning, whether it is something crucial, or just a filler for character development, the quality is going to improve. 

Apart from that, as I mentioned before, a lot about myself has changed, especially my mental, which means that from now on I won't annoy you with authors notes, the new story is going to be clean and easy to read. It's going to be a passion project and an opportunity to learn, not an attempt at finding a place to hide from my problems (Although I'm kind of doing that right now as I'm writing this since I planned on learning for my examinations instead of doing this update, but whatever).

I'm not the same person that I used to be and that will be quite apparent in the new story, but I'm happy to get back into writing and just putting one single smile on a single person will make it well worth it for me.  So in conclusion, I'm really sorry for my absence and my immature behaviour. I'm going to be sort of continuing this story in another book which will be coming soon and I hope that you guys will enjoy it. 

However, there is one thing that I wasn't able to change yet and that is me using way too many words to describe a single scenario, which is what I'm noticing right now as I'm looking at the word count. I would like to give more details, but I think that's quite an update already, so if you have any questions, write a comment and I will respond to it, I promise. 

And that's it. This is how "The Cold War in Tokyo" ended, it began as a story full of tension and drama, but it ended with myself having these tensions and dramas and it has seemed that I have lost the war and broken down like the USSR in 1991. However, I'm back and I'm really excited about it. Seeing as I continue to write even though I wanted to keep this update short, I'm going to cut it right here. 

I hope to see you again soon!